Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 2/19/2022
- Experience creating libraries and tools for engineers and operations
- Experience building and designing scalable backend systems
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Experience working with backend programming languages (Java, Kotlin, Python)
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation of multiple technical directions and determine tradeoffs of each
- Strong propensity to make data-driven decisions on technical architecture and project prioritization
- Design and build strong, resilient, and robust APIs, libraries, and tools to power Brex engineers and operations
- Own functionality and scalability features by taking responsibility from inception to deployment
- Be responsible for full software development lifecycle - design, development, testing, operating in production
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter
- Serve as technical lead, contributing to and directing the execution of complex projects with other engineers
- Mentor software engineers and set the standard for the next generation of Brex engineers
- Proactively identify and prioritize improvements to the team's processes, codebases and best practices
- Experience collaborating with experts in product, design, and operations
- Familiarity with functional programming languages
- Experience driving initiatives at a broader level across an organization or company
- Strong writing skills
- Proactive approach
Credit cards & financial services for startups
The Brex mission is to reimagine financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. The company is building the financial OS to integrate the services and software startups need as they grow.
- Self-care. Health, dental, and vision; One Medical; Spring Health mental wellbeing; Calm membership.
- Money. Competitive compensation with a biannual merit cycle, equity, 401(k) plan, and more.
- Rest. Unlimited PTO if full-time, paid holidays, company weeks off, and parental leave.
- Freedom. Remote-first, team and company offsites, monthly stipend, and one-time office setup budget.
Company Core Values
- Dream big
- One Brex
- Inspire customer love
- Growth mindset
- Impatient optimism