Everyone is welcome here. Each of us is unique, and that’s what makes us amazing. We believe in inclusiveness and celebrating each person’s individuality, because there’s power in bringing people with different points of view and life experiences together. That’s why we provide equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
So, bring yourself and your best ideas; when we feel safe and comfortable being ourselves, there’s no limit to what we can achieve.
IN A NUTSHELL…
The Environmental Services Technician I is responsible for day-to-day custodial and disposal work at the cultivation facility.
Parallel is one of the largest multi-state cannabis companies in the world, owning and operating in four markets; Florida (Surterra Wellness), Massachusetts (NETA), Pennsylvania (Goodblend) and Texas (Surterra Wellness). If you enjoy companies that are growing, moving fast, and constantly challenging themselves to achieve more, then Parallel is for you. We work hard, lean on each other, and are passionate about a pretty ambitious vision … pioneering a new paradigm of what well-being can be for all people, everywhere. For more information, visit www.liveparallel.com.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Follow Parallel Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations.
- Safely uses and stores cleaning materials ensuring they are labeled correctly.
- Disposes of cannabis waste properly.
- Performs cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, vacuuming rugs, washing walls and glass, emptying trash receptacles, and replace lining of trash cans.
- Cleans & services restrooms with mops and disinfectants.
- Restocks supplies.
- Notifies Facilities Management of any necessary repairs.
- Monitors building security and safety by performing tasks including locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure hazards are not created.
- Age 21 or over
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government-Issued Photo ID
- 0-2 Years of experience in Custodial and/or Environmental Services duties.
- Ability to calculate and document weight and percentage measures.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Takes initiative to perform tasks and is self-motivated.
- Knowledge of proper PPE practices.
- Attentiveness and detail oriented.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. unassisted and up to 80lbs assisted.
- Hand and eye coordination with extreme attention to detail.
- Exposure to greenhouse environments that exceed temperatures of 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be able to stand, squat, and kneel for long periods of time in small spaces that can be high in heat, high in humidity, wet or dry.
- Exposure to water during the duration of the shift is common with cannabis growing environments.
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IF YOU…
- Are self-motivated; micro-managing isn’t fun for anyone
- Roll your sleeves up and do the work; strategy is important, but so is getting stuff done
- Can work fast and be flexible; our industry is always changing
- Play nice with others; we collaborate with each other a lot
- Think creatively; sometimes, the “traditional” solution isn’t the best one
WHAT YOU GET
- Employee discount
- Consistent, reliable benefits; Full medical/vision/dental, 401k with possibility of a company match, access to company-sponsored well-being programs
- Balance and flexibility; paid time off, paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Chance to make a difference; Employee Relief Fund, community volunteerism through our Parallel Cares program
PARALLEL IS UNITED BY OUR VISION, MISSION, & VALUES
Our Vision – why we exist – is to pioneer well-being and improve the quality of life for humanity through the benefits of cannabinoids.
Our Mission – how we will do this – is to build a leading, global well-being company through the best talent, our values, trusted and recognized brands, science and technology-based innovation, and a relentless focus on execution and continuous improvement.
Our Values – Integrity | Collaboration | Alignment | Intentionality | Accountability | Agility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.