REGENT is building the seaglider; the first electric flying machine that will transport commercial passengers. With a vehicle that never flies higher than a few meters off the water, we unlock the ability to fly twice as far as an electric aircraft, and certification by maritime authorities which will let us fly first passengers within 5 years.
We are actively hiring passionate team members who can help us get our vehicle to market as quickly and safely as possible. We are backed by the world’s best investors: the same investors who are behind SpaceX, Palantir, Boom Supersonic, and more. We have over $6B in provisional orders from some of the industry’s largest operators and are hitting the ground running.
Working at REGENT, you’ll be in a fast-paced environment with exciting new challenges daily and abundant opportunities for growth. Your coworkers are passionate about building zero-emission, high-speed seagliders that will revolutionize coastal transportation. Our small team works collaboratively and across disciplines to safely marry the latest technologies from aviation, aerospace and nautical engineering. REGENT offers competitive benefits including healthcare, dental, and vision plans as well as an employee equity incentive plan.
As an electrical engineer in avionics at REGENT you will assist in the design, analysis, fabrication, integration and testing of avionics and electrical systems for our Seaglider vehicles. We are looking for someone who understands hardware implementation and integration of low voltage avionics and power systems. This role requires general knowledge of avionics and maritime components such as sensors, actuators, embedded computers, displays, human interface components, cabling, wiring and sub systems that are integrated into marine and / or aircraft vehicles for safe operation. Activities will include all aspects of the development cycle from designing, specifying, diagramming and procuring components, to testing and debugging components and sub systems through vehicle integration. This role will interface with multidisciplinary teams in overall sub system and system development and testing tasks.
As a start-up, everyone at REGENT is hands on and as such this role will require experience in fabrication of electrical components through the use of standard fabrication tools and processes. Applicants should also be familiar with standard electrical test equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, data acquisitions systems, etc.) so as to set up and perform testing of electrical components and subsystems. Applicants with familiarity with mechanical engineering principles will be highly valued as many of the electrical systems will interface with mechanical counterparts such as actuation and propulsion systems.
Travel will be required to varying degrees depending on the stage of the program.
- 5+ years of experience in the Aerospace, Maritime or Automotive fields
- BS/MS in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering
- Experience with low voltage power distribution and protection
- Experience with serial networks, particularly CAN, RS485/422, ARINC 429 and ethernet.
- Experience with documenting, assembling and debugging cables and cable harnesses
- Strong organization and communication skills, willingness to learn and mentor
- Biased towards action while maintaining a focus on safety and quality
- Solid foundation in electrical engineering principles including basic circuit design, signal, and power distribution, transmission line theory, EMI and EMC, etc.
- Familiar with writing test plans and reports and conducting tests for mechanical and electrical components
- Ability to write detailed specifications and requirements for vendors producing avionics components and subsystems.
- Experience debugging data busses such as CAN, RS485 and ethernet.
- Hands on experience and familiarity with shop tools and their proper use as well as best practices regarding the assembly and testing of both low and high voltage electrical systems including soldering, wire stripping and splicing, connector pin/socket crimping and assembly, etc.
- Experience using MATLAB/Simulink, Python or other programming tools for varying purposes ranging from data reduction to analysis/simulation
- Experience with energy storage systems such as Lithium-Polymer or Lithium-Ion batteries including a deep understanding of cell chemistry and manufacturing, battery management solutions and protection.
- Experience with high power electric propulsion systems and power electronics.
- Familiarity with RF communication systems.
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical and thermal engineering concepts.
- Prototyping and production manufacturing experience
- Experience with a CAD package such as CATIA, NX or Solidworks
- FAA pilot’s license or boating/sailing experience
- Avionics technician experience
- Familiarity with Siemens Capital Essentials (Capital Vesys)
We welcome applicants who may not align perfectly with all required skills and experience as there may be opportunity to grow into the specific responsibilities of the role.
This is a full-time on-site role based at our new purpose-built seaglider development facility in North Kingstown, RI (20 minutes south of Providence, RI and just over an hour south of Boston, MA). We expect in-office presence 3+ days a week. Lunch is provided daily.
What’s in it for you?
REGENT is committed to providing our employees with benefits to support their complete well-being, from excellent health, dental and vision insurance, to an unlimited vacation policy.
Our benefits include*:
- 100% of annual premiums covered for healthcare, dental, and vision insurance
- HSA plans available
- Paid parental leave
- Employee equity incentive plan
- Free lunch catered daily **
- Office amenities including snacks, drinks, coffee & espresso bar and an on-site gym **
- Dog-friendly office **
- Relocation packages available
- Flexible hours & generous PTO
- Paid holidays, including company summer and winter breaks
- 401(k) plans
* All benefits available to full-time staff
** Select benefits available to interns
REGENT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.