Data Scientist (Nlp)
Posted on 5/17/2022
Data Structures & Algorithms
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- 2-4 years of industry experience (or equivalent) developing machine learning solutions. Advanced degree in Computer Science/Statistics/Applied Math/Economics/Political Science (or related discipline) preferred
- Practical experience and strong understanding of techniques in machine learning (feature engineering, supervised & unsupervised learning, optimization algorithms, deep learning) and natural language processing (TFIDF, text classification, word embeddings, language models), demonstrated by the ability to dig deep into practical problems and choose the right ML method to solve them
- Solid Python programming skills to quickly prototype, as well as develop, projects into production
- Experience with any modern machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn, Pytorch, Tensorflow, or Spacy is highly desirable. Experience acquired in an academic setting is acceptable
- Good communication skills, including the ability to present and communicate machine learning requirements and issues to non-technical teams
- Experience working with large structured or unstructured data sets and running exploratory data analysis. Experience with MongoDB is not required but is a plus. Experience with Databricks is a plus
Policy and Market Intelligence
FiscalNote's mission is to empower people and organizations with the right information at the right time so that they can better navigate risk, opportunity and uncertainty. The company is building a data and insights platform.
- Health - The health of you and your family is important to us — so much so that we subsidize a large portion of healthcare premiums for not only you, but also your dependents. Our FSA allows you to shuttle tax-free dollars for out-of-pocket health care costs. An onsite gym greases the wheels for your workout needs.
- Paid Time Off - We recognize refreshed employees are productive employees. We do not put a number on the amount of days an employee can take off which allows them to take time away from work to recharge as they need it.
- Commuting - Travel to work can be expensive, so on top of contributing toward your commuting expenses – including garage parking and public transit – we offer a corporate bikeshare membership at a steep discount. We also allow employees with pricier commutes to dedicate pretax dollars toward their travel.
- Retirement - Your long term well-being is directly tied to your ability to save for the future. By offering a match on contributions you make to a company-sponsored 401(k), we make it hard not to think about the later years.
- Parental Leave - Building your family is just as important as building our business. We’re happy to empower our employees to spend time with their new little ones by providing 18 weeks of paid maternity and paternity leave after a year of service to the company.
- Know your audience
- Find the truth
- Drive alignment
- Own the job
- Bias for action
- Level up
- Support the family