San Francisco, California
6 month growth↓ -2%
1 year growth↑ 3%
2 year growth↑ 1%
- College degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 6+ years Product Management experience
- Prior experience leading product managers and product management teams
- Technical proficiency collaborating with engineers
- Ability to craft an inspiring product vision and strategy
- Partner with leads from Engineering, Data Science, Operations, Design, and Support
- Establish a bold vision and complete it with speed and quality
- Obsess over user experience and business impact
- Formulate a long and short-term product strategy
- Seek insights on user problems
- Collaborate and influence engineering/business partners
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative insight gathering and evaluation
- Anticipate and remove obstacles
- Effectively present and communicate product strategy
- Build and nurture a strong team culture
- Be a highly effective collaborator
- Working within a highly matrixed organization
- Running sophisticated experiments
- Working on Facial Recognition, Recording, or Identity-focused products
- Stellar design instincts with sharp analytical product decision making ability
About the Role
Are you focused on safety, identity, and preventing fraud? Uber’s Safety Product Organization is at the center of this mission, passionate about building world-class user-facing experiences to reduce safety incidents and bring peace of mind to every trip!
We are seeking a Lead Product Manager for the Safe Identity product area to drive innovation in mitigating account sharing and illegal work, optimizing the accuracy of sensitive deactivation decisions, and minimizing serious incidents on our platform. We also seek someone who can comfortably manage a sophisticated set of collaborators, develop and be responsible for strategy across multiple product areas, think deeply about problems, come up with world class solutions, and really encourage a dedicated team to build a customer-centric roadmap.
What the Candidate Will Do:
- Partner with leads from Engineering, Data Science, Operations, Design, and Support to establish a bold vision and complete it in a way that balances speed, depth of thought, and quality.
- Obsess over user experience and business impact, as well as feel comfortable diving deep into technical and analytical challenges yourself. We are looking for an inspirational leader and not just a manager of a team and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber’s mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your team. Formulate a long and short-term product strategy to develop breakthrough products based on deep customer insights, and business needs.
- Partner with User Experience Research, Operations, and Support teams to seek insights on user problems. Understanding the differences in priorities across the business and across different local regions is crucial. You will work with our regional teams to understand issues on the ground and make those solutions a part of your roadmap.
- Collaborate and influence engineering/business partners to develop a clear roadmap and drive execution across the organization. Work with researchers to conduct a program of quantitative and qualitative insight gathering and evaluation. Anticipate and remove obstacles that slow down or prevent us from delivering on product objectives.
- Effectively present and communicate product strategy, implementation, and plans to various communities ranging from your immediate team to business audiences, external partners, and senior leadership.
- Build and nurture a strong team culture with a focus on execution and results. Be a highly effective collaborator and a magnet that cross-functional partners seek out for input and look forward to working with.
- College degree in Computer Science with a minimum 6+ years Product Management experience delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them.
- Prior experience leading product managers and product management teams while setting and delivering on a strategy you crafted, where you were accountable for the outcomes.
- Technical proficiency having collaborated closely with engineers in developing the technical architecture of the products you have built.
- Ability to craft an inspiring and coherent product vision, multi-year strategy, and quarterly roadmap that your team and the business emphatically accepted and rallied behind.
- Working within a highly matrixed organization including collaborators across Product, Eng, Business Ops, Public Policy, and more.
- Running sophisticated experiments to assess the efficiency of releases.
- Identifying risk trends and finding efficient ways to address them.
- Working directly on Facial Recognition, Recording, or Identity-focused products and platforms within an engineering and product management context.
- Stellar design instincts with sharp analytical product decision making ability and high bar across the board.
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$203,000 per year - USD$225,500 per year.
For San Francisco, CA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$203,000 per year - USD$225,500 per year.
For Seattle, WA-based roles: The base salary range for this role is USD$203,000 per year - USD$225,500 per year.
For all US locations, you will be eligible to participate in Uber’s bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.