BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, lifestyle, technology, gaming and digital entertainment, issue advocacy and workers’ rights communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 on Observer’s PR Power List for three consecutive years, PRNews’ Large PR Agency of the Year (2021) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes’ latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality, creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION TEAM
BerlinRosen’s Technology & Innovation practice comprises over 40 communications professionals who bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup. We represent some of the biggest newsmakers defining the future of technology across consumer tech, fintech, climate, gaming, healthtech, media, urban innovation, and education including Samsung, Bloomberg Media, Cornell Tech, General Assembly, and Mozilla.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking an Account Coordinatorto join our rapidly growing Consumer Tech team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone starting their PR career who has an interest in consumer tech and experience in communications. You will support major consumer tech companies looking to gain media advantage over competitors, reinvent themselves, expand their client/customer base and international companies looking to translate their message across borders.
In this role, you will primarily conduct media monitoring and reporting on the behalf of a major consumer tech client, along with writing and editing communication such as high-level research packets, briefing documents and fact sheets.
Role location: This role is based in our New York, N.Y. office on a hybrid basis. Proof of vaccination is required to work in any of BerlinRosen’s offices.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As anAccount Coordinatoron the Consumer Technology team, you will…
- Conduct routine media monitoring and in-depth coverage reporting and analysis
- Curate press lists, lead client call agendas, capture call notes and support the team with everything from client strategy decks to event staffing
- Pull together client-facing documents (media alerts, press releases, fact sheets, briefing documents, research packets)
- Flag relevant news and pertinent trends in the consumer tech space
- 1-2 years of work experience in public relations, including internships
- Has an interest in PR for corporate clients, specifically technology
- Outstanding project management skills with the ability to prioritize work streams and track progress across multiple teams
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, manage changing deadlines, project briefs, and multiple projects with high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team to meet group objectives
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Note: Interested in this role but it’s not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience and is as follows:
- Starting minimum: $60,000
- Role cap: $65,000
Benefits: BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, encourage self-care and drive professional development, including…
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- All incoming staff receive 36 days total of PTO, inclusive of general PTO, wellness days, collective PTO the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays and 11 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Full mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
- Continuous skills training tailored to your role