Senior Backend Software Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Washington, DC, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- At least five years of direct experience developing SaaS applications within a team
- Thoughtful and efficient communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience developing SaaS application backends and APIs using a variety of tools
- Experience turning abstract business requirements into concrete technical plans
- Experience working across many stages of the software development lifecycle
- Sound reasoning about the behavior and performance of loosely-coupled systems
- Proficiency with algorithms (including time and space complexity analysis), data structures, and software architecture
- At least one domain of demonstrable technical depth
- Design, develop, test, document, deploy, maintain, and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Work with key stakeholders to develop system architectures, API specifications, implementation requirements, and complexity estimates
- Test assumptions through instrumentation and prototyping
- Promote ongoing technical development through code reviews, knowledge sharing, and mentorship
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
Kenshoo is the global leader in agile marketing software.
Kensho is committed to creating a kind, diverse and equitable workplace, fostering a sense of belonging, and ensuring that the company is a place where employees can bring their whole selves to work. The company develops agile marketing software.
- Health - 100% employer-paid insurance that covers you and your family... and more
- Wellness - 26 weeks paid parental leave, flexible work hours... and more
- Growth - 6% 401K match, 20K tuition reimbursement, Knowledge Days... and more
Company Core Values
- Go Team - We put the team before ourselves. We aren’t selfish. We disagree but commit.
- Empowerment - We prefer a flat hierarchy and don’t pay much attention to titles. We encourage intelligent risk-taking; we like action, and we don’t waste time.
- Inclusion - We encourage differences. We respect and seek out backgrounds and opinions that are different from our own.
- Open Communication - We default to openness and happily acknowledge and embrace failures so we can learn from them.
- Pursuit of Excellence - We never sacrifice our high bar and optimize under the assumption that quality work hours from the best people are the scarcest resource.