Intern, Software Developer - Alias
Note: This is a year-long internship from Sept 2023 - Sept 2024. Please do not apply if you cannot commit to a 1 year long internship.
Take this opportunity to be part of a team building industry leading software for automotive and industrial design!
Alias is a software package that incorporates sketching, concept modeling, surfacing, visualization, and computational design. Our mission is to be the leading software for the entire design process from concept to production surfacing.
See our Design Blog for more information:
Or view our YouTube channel:
In this role, you will be working with a team developing in all the layers of Alias, from foundational infrastructure to the graphical user interface. We are actively working on many challenging projects such as replacing our UI toolkit, graphics performance, and data management to name just a few. There are tremendous opportunities to explore areas such as UI development, data structures, geometry, graphics, performance, and much more. You will gain the satisfaction of working on cutting edge technology that can have a huge impact on how designers build the shapes of tomorrow.
- Collaborate with a highly engaged team of software engineers, QA engineers, and UX designers locally and globally.
- Communicate, understand and clarify requirements and schedule for different tasks and projects of diverse scope and complexity.
- Design, develop, and maintain software solutions to fulfill the customer’s requirements.
- Apply core engineering principles to ensure quality, usability, and performance
- Participate in agile development process, including daily scrum, sprint planning code reviews, and quality assurance activities
- Enrolled in a BS Degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field of study.
- Proficient in C++, particularly Modern C++ (C++14 and newer)
- Working experience with source control systems such as GIT
- Passion for learning and software development
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with QT/QML
- 2D or 3D graphics background
- Experience in cross-platform development
- Familiarity with the Agile process
- Strong math skills
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location.