6 month growth↓ -2%
1 year growth↑ 7%
2 year growth↑ 24%
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a financial analyst role
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a combination of finance an accounting roles
- Experience from public company corporate finance roles or public company clients
- Expert Excel skills required (VBA experience is a plus)
- Prior Hyperion planning experience required
- Understanding of US GAAP, quarterly earnings process and public company audit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- Month-end expense accruals
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Ownership of Provider Business Unit compensation-related tasks
- Cost center budget support and maintenance for assigned cost centers
- Variance analysis of assigned cost centers - actual results vs budget and forecast
- Produce consolidated corporate reporting, ad hoc financial models, support quarterly earnings-related reporting, and Board of Directors reporting
- Run simulations on various “what-if” scenarios using insight and critical thinking to evaluate and recommend solutions
- Prepare monthly data reporting packages that includes analysis of key business trends and actual versus plan variances
- Assist with coordinating capital expenditure projections and related operating expenditure across multiple business units
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement
- Desire to consistently exceed expectations and take on more responsibility
- Experience with U.S. GAAP Financials is desired
- Must be very detail oriented and self-motivated
Inovalon was founded in 1998 on the belief that technology, and data specifically, would empower the transformation of the entire healthcare ecosystem for the better, improving both outcomes and economics. At Inovalon, we believe that when our customers are successful in their missions, healthcare improves. Therefore, we focus on empowering them with data-driven solutions. And the momentum is building.
Together, as ONE Inovalon, we are a united force delivering solutions that address healthcare’s greatest needs. Through our mission-based culture of inclusion and innovation, our organization brings value not just to our customers, but to the millions of patients and members they serve.
Location: Position is hybrid, and office is located in Downtown Minneapolis. Current expectation is that employees are in the Minneapolis office two days per week (currently Tues & Wed) with additional potential days as needed for special events.
*This is a blended role with both Accounting and FP&A responsibilities
Accounting responsibilities include:
*Month-end expense accruals
*Balance sheet reconciliations
*Ownership of Provider Business Unit compensation-related tasks. This includes accounting, modeling, and analysis of sales commissions, bonuses, payroll, etc. Requires a good attention to detail, ability to follow through, ability to work with confidential information and deal with leaders across the business.
FP&A responsibilities include:
*Cost center budget support and maintenance for assigned cost centers (headcount and non-labor expenses)
*Variance analysis of assigned cost centers - actual results vs budget and forecast
*Partner with senior leaders in the business; meet regularly with them to review their cost center; working with them to build annual budgets and periodic forecast updates
Overview: The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for producing consolidated corporate reporting, ad hoc financial models, support quarterly earnings-related reporting, and Board of Directors reporting. The incumbent will analyze key business trends, actual versus plan variances, etc. The incumbent will serve as a liaison between the various stake- holding departments as part of the business leadership team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to assist driving financial transparency across multiple business units;
- Support automation and enterprise consolidation of data used in monthly, quarterly, and annual performance reports;
- Assess quality and integrity of data collected, analysis performed, and reports generated;
- Run simulations on various “what-if” scenarios using insight and critical thinking to evaluate and recommend solutions;
- Assist in developing the forecasting models;
- Document and/or building simulations and perform analyses;
- Articulate findings on a regular basis to management;
- Collaborate with business unit finance team members to classify, quantify, and/or forecast business metrics & risks by providing reliable, accurate, comparable and timely information;
- Support capex budgeting and forecasting;
- Support free cash flow budgeting and forecasting;
- Support balance sheet budgeting and forecasting;
- Design, develop and produce standard monthly, quarterly, and annual performance analytics;
- Prepare monthly data reporting packages that includes analysis of key business trends and actual versus plan variances, including comprehensive explanations of differences as well as the impact of business drivers to budget/forecast;
- Produce routine and ad hoc financial operational models to support senior management in decision making;
- Assist with coordinating capital expenditure projections and related operating expenditure across multiple business units;
- Maintain compliance with Inovalon’s policies, procedures and mission statement;
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon’s Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position; and
- Fulfill those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Employer.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a financial analyst role;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a combination of finance an accounting roles;
- Experience from public company corporate finance roles or public company clients;
- Ability to partner with internal customers effectively;
- Expert Excel skills required (VBA experience is a plus);
- Prior Hyperion planning experience required;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail;
- Ability to create models that provide “what if” capabilities;
- Understanding of US GAAP, quarterly earnings process and public company audit;
- Understanding of relevant ASC guidance for software industry;
- Desire to consistently exceed expectations and take on more responsibility;
- Experience with U.S. GAAP Financials is desired; and
- Must be very detail oriented and self-motivated, as this position generally requires employees to work independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting;
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Sedentary work (i.e., sitting for long periods of time);
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force;
- Frequently or constantly to lift, carry push, pull or otherwise move objects and repetitive motions;
- Subject to inside environmental conditions; and
- Travel for this position will include less than 5% locally usually for training purposes.
The actual base pay offered may vary depending on multiple factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge/skills, experience, business needs, geographical location, and internal equity. At Inovalon, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top end of the range for their role, and compensation decisions are dependent upon the facts and circumstances of each position and candidate.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications listed in a job description. If you don’t meet every qualification listed but are excited about our mission and the work described, we encourage you to apply regardless. Inovalon is most interested in finding the best candidate for the job and you may be just the right person for this or other roles.
By embracing diversity, equity and inclusion we enhance our work environment and drive business success. Inovalon strives to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate and of our clients and everyone whom we serve. We endeavor to create a culture of inclusion in which our associates feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work and pursue their professional goals in an equitable setting. We understand that by fostering this type of culture, and welcoming different perspectives, we generate innovation and growth.
Inovalon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirement.
The Company maintains a drug free work environment for all of its associates, which includes employees, contractors and vendors. It is unlawful for associates to manufacture, sell, distribute, dispense, possess or use any controlled substance or marijuana in the workplace and doing so will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment or the contracted relationship.
To review the legal requirements, including all labor law posters, please visit this link