Data Science Intern - Battery Management Systems (Bms)
Posted on 1/9/2022
Irvine, CA, USA • Menlo Park, CA, USA
- Actively enrolled in BS, MS or PhD programs in Computer Science, Data Science, Data Analytics or Mathematics preferred
- Must have Data Science domain knowledge:
- Experience working with data in Apache Spark, Python and SQL Strong fundamentals in software engineering with Python Understanding of statistical and machine learning concepts (Search methods, Neural Networks, Deep Learning, Various ML tool boxes etc) Data visualization (Tableau, Quick Sight) and communication best practices
- Work with vehicle telemetry data at scale to provide insight on the battery health, performance, and powertrain efficiency of Rivian products
- Work with battery scientists to improve state of health estimation for batteries based on field data models
- Develop statistical and machine learning models for predicting and forecasting field failures, cell chemistry variations, battery health degradation and how various driving behaviors affect battery performance for safety and drivability
- Build scalable full stack infrastructure and data pipelines to aggregate telemetry and service data in order to monitor and predict failures in the field
- Research and development of multivariate models for prognostics applications, predictive maintenance, and battery state of health estimation, battery health coaching
- Run cloud based data models to assist improving battery power and energy estimation based on current, voltage and temperature data points across various drive cycles and geographies
- Work with embedded systems engineers to bring cloud based data models to run on embedded systems
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team