Manufacturing Engineer II
Posted on 7/11/2022
Normal, IL, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar technical field
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering role related to automated equipment or manufacturing processes
- Experience optimizing existing processes for rate, yield, availability
- Knowledge of manufacturing and processing principles (cycle time analysis, quality control, equipment efficiency, equipment selection, return on investment, error proofing, ergonomics, material logistics)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve difficult technical problems
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including with external stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in both 2D & 3D CAD environments
- Knowledge of robot automation cells
- Knowledge of conveyors & controls automation
- Design and deliver portions of Paint & General Assembly production lines and processes
- Integrate new vehicle models into existing facilities
- Implement line re-rate projects
- Assist in the development of the assembly process flow, build sequence, logistics strategies, equipment and tooling specifications for Paint & General Assembly
- Partner with Operations teams to ensure a successful ramp and long-term production at our facilities
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team