Electrical Engineering Intern
Power Electronics, Battery Cell
Posted on 10/19/2022
Palo Alto, CA, USA
- Co-op A: January-August
- Co-op B: May-December or June-December for quarter system students
- Must be currently pursuing a bachelors, masters, or PhD degree at an accredited university
- Actively pursuing a degree or one closely related in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar
- Deep understanding of ADC, DAC and high precision voltage and current measurement circuit design
- Experience in EMI and mitigation methods
- Develop detailed computer simulations (PSpice, LTSpice, TINA, etc) to investigate and verify the circuit design performance
- Experience in design of microprocessor/FPGA based controller boards
- Programming experience in C/ C++ and capability of delivering high-quality code for MCUs
- Familiar with SPI/CAN and RS485
- You will be responsible for the development of the controller board of power converters such as PFC and DC-DC converters
- Work closely with the power electronics team to deliver in-line power electronic solutions for formation processes
- Test and debug prototype of power converters for Rivian's cell technology
- Able to work as a team and independently
- Curiosity: demonstrate level of interest that enables inventiveness
- Execution: demonstrate that follow through is given as much attention as problem solving
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including product design, quality, construction, production, supply chain, controls, external vendors etc
- Experience in the testing, debugging and validation of power converters, energy storage sub-systems and batteries is a plus
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team