Tier 2 Escalation Specialist, Bilingual German (Remote Eligible in Uk)
Posted on 3/29/2022
- Ability to speak fluent German and English
- 2+ years Support experience in a Tier 1 capacity, or 1+ year in an escalation capacity; supporting a SaaS product is a +
- An understanding of the SaaS software model
- General understanding with RESTful APIs and ability to evaluate and discuss technical integration scenarios and architectural concepts
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages or conceptual understanding of programming basics. We will provide training; a conceptual understanding is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written/verbal) skills and prior customer-facing experience
- The ability to break-down complex issues to troubleshoot and understand possible causes
- Experience working with ticketing / CRM tools
- The ability to manage investigations that may be ambiguous while simultaneously managing the customer and their expectations
- The ability to empathize with an issue affecting a customer and the resulting business impact they're experiencing
- Bachelor's degree, STEM degree or relevant industry certifications are a +
- Eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis
- Discover, investigate and test, document, and resolve or escalate customer reported issues. The ability to rapidly shift focus between tasks is essential in this role as we occasionally respond to majorly impacting customer issues and production events
- Handle escalated cases from Tier 1 with a sense of ownership and customer focus
- Support customers through multiple channels including email, phone, screen-share, and chat
- Thoroughly understand, reproduce, document, and solve technical issues
- Learn new technologies, programming languages, frameworks, and networking concepts
- Work with colleagues and cross-departmental peers on a daily basis to help investigate complex customer issues
- Identify opportunities for improvement to the Smartsheet application, API, and our other first-party apps and integrations
- Occasionally support the Tier 3 on-call Engineer during application incidents by managing communication and providing customer signal in crisis management production investigations
- Contribute to our internal KCS knowledge base
- Perform other duties as assigned
Cloud-based collaboration platform
Smartsheet's mission is to empower anyone to drive meaningful change - for themselves, their businesses and even for the world.
- Health and wellness benefits - From sick days to mental health services, we support you. We provide company-sponsored comprehensive healthcare coverage and well-being benefit programs so you can take care of your whole self.
- Time away - We want you to find time for what matters to you. We offer a variety of programs so you can recharge and reconnect, including paid time off for company holidays, vacation, volunteering, military leave, and parental bonding.
- An investment in your future - We help you plan for the dreams you’re working toward. We offer every employee competitive pay, retirement contributions, stock awards, and an employee stock purchase program.
- Perks and discounts - It's the details that make life easier. From discount programs and an allowance for work-related expenses, to medical concierge (U.S. only) and caregiver services, we help set you up for success both at work and outside of it.
- An inclusive environment - We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is rooted in respect for all people. We believe that by celebrating diversity of voices and experiences, and by creating equitable opportunities for our team, customers, and communities, we enable people to do and be their best.
- Continuous learning - We know that when you’re growing, so are we. That's why we provide opportunities to develop on the job through internal mobility, virtual learning, and a variety of development programs.
- Value-driven culture - We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily from the top down.
- Meaningful impact - Smartsheet helps employees achieve more by providing a supportive, respectful culture that pushes its people to excel and innovate.
- Investing in employees - From wide-ranging benefits to on-site development programs, Smartsheet is truly invested in its employees' well-being — both in and outside of the workplace.