Posted on 3/25/2023
West Athens, CA, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing, shipping, or logistics environment
- 1+ years of experience supporting administrative processes
- 3+ years of experience handling parts in a manufacturing setting
- Strong computer skills, familiar with the full suite of MS Office products
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in organizing files and documents
- Inventory experience
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Experience in aerospace, automotive, semiconductor, or electronic manufacturing environments
- SQL and Tableau experience
- APICS certification
- Available for all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed
- Able to lift 25 lbs unassisted
- Able to stand for extended periods - 8 hours
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Monitor, track, and move parts as required through the production flow to ensure timely delivery to next production location
- Coordinate physical movement of parts through receiving inspection, stock rooms, purchasing, production resources or any applicable work center within SpaceX
- Ensure parts are handled and protected properly and within SpaceX specifications
- Coordinate off-site processing of parts to ensure on-time delivery as required
- Work with the planning, procurement, engineering, and production teams to ensure our MRP/ERP data is and remains clean and accurate
- Assist with resolution of incorrect system data which is driving inappropriate demand, schedules, or could result in general failure
- Analyze available data, develop metrics, update and utilize target management systems to drive optimal results
- Work with production supervisors and managers to ensure all metrics driven action requirements are completed
- Develop and maintain reports to highlight needs, deliverables and constraints as required for internal and customer use
- Communicate part status and estimated completion dates to leadership weekly
- Support logistics process through innovative staging of workflow as required
- Support management of material certifications as required - prevent use of un-certified materials
- Support production and inventory personnel with “return to stock” and inventory purge actions
- Support purchase requisition creation for scheduled contract work as required
- Organize and maintain the physical and electronic library for production related tooling and calibration database as required
- Support assigned production cells with work order management activities as required
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.