Posted on 8/1/2022
Lubbock, TX, USA
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to communicate with people and follow verbal and written instructions
- Should be able to learn to understand and apply the principals involved in the operation of the dynamic balancing and under filing operations, and apply these principles in balancing and under filing various sized impellers
- Use shop arithmetic and make simple calculations, and read curves
- Maintain high safety standards and follow all company safety rules
- Balance impellers on balancing machines
- Clean impellers with files and pneumatic grinders to smooth surfaces
- Under file and polish impellers following engineering chart or PIR instructions
- Select correct arbor and bearing segments and set machines for balancing
- Use standard setup sheets or make new setup sheets, recording machine adjustments for impellers not previously balanced
- Set machine in operation to determine out of balance sections
- Calculate amount of stock to grind to remove stock
- Utilize provided PPE when grinding (protective face hood, safety glasses, cut-resistant gloves, ear plugs, apron, sleeves) as well as employee owned metatarsal guard safety shoes
- Performs other miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- 6 months or more of industrial/manufacturing experience
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential