Cyber Security Engineer
Posted on 11/2/2022
Morgantown, WV, USA
- Bachelor's degree with 4 to 8 years of related experience; Master's degree with 2 to 6 years of related experience. Additional years of related experience will be acceptable in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD TS/SCI security clearance
- CompTIA Security+ or CISSP certification
- Demonstrates strong work ethic, works well within an engineering team, mission oriented, and takes personal pride in work
- Ability to multi-task and function in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Supports the Chief Engineer and Cyber Security lead in the following:
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for multilevel security (MLS) systems
- Design, develops, engineers, and integrates solutions to MLS requirements
- Conducts security audits
- Generates system-level security documentation
- Supports the development of System Operation Procedure documents
- Applies knowledge of IT Governance requirements, risk mitigation strategies, and encryption and decryption capabilities to establish secure solutions
- Performs risk analysis, including risk assessment processes and procedures
- Recommends information assurance/security solutions to support customers' requirements
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic. engineering and technical support in solving these problems
- Performs vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle
- Experience working on any of the Global Command and Control System Family of Systems to include GCCS-A, GCCS-M or any other Command and Control program for any service component or COCOM
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.