Manager – Software Engineering
Riot Data, Games
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years experience as a Senior Software Engineer or Senior Data Engineer
- 2+ years experience directly leading an engineering team either as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead
- Experience building reliable, scalable, and maintainable software systems
- Experience developing and deploying live data services at scale
- Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions
- Create and advocate for a technical vision with the team and important partners
- Assign personnel and allocate resources to meet product and technical goals
- Help the team operate sustainably and deliver consistently
- Hire data developers to help teams scale
- Identify growth opportunities for the team and find or provide mentorship for them
- Manage team health and performance with empathy and authenticity, building trust and cultivating resilience
- Seek different perspectives, encouraging engineers and others to contribute ideas. Base your decisions on sound analysis and avoid biases
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of features while improving software engineering quality and efficiency
- Experience with backend service development languages (Golang, Java)
- Experience with data engineering tools (Python, Spark, SQL, Protobuf)
- Experience with game development frameworks (Unreal and C++, Unity and C#)
- Familiarity with data science tools (tensorflow/keras, pytorch, scikit-learn)
Online game developer
Riot Games' mission is to develop, publish, and support the most player-focused games in the world.
- Family Care
- Open Paid Time Off
- Play Fund
- Donation Matching
Company Core Values
- Player Experience First.
- Dare to Dream.
- Thrive Together.
- Execute with Intelligence.
- Stay Hungry; Stay Humble