Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy company, is looking for a Director of Market Operations to help develop and optimize company operations in a vertically integrated marketplace. We are seeking an individual with operations experience in planning, process improvement, and project management. This role will also leverage third party vendors and external resources to help drive efficiencies and accelerate processes within the company. Thriving to make data driven decisions, this role will contribute to the resolution of complex operational challenges, allowing Varsity Tutors to grow and expand in both domestic and international markets. This individual will own building better processes, tools, and reporting to create better operational discipline and high quality customer interactions through partnerships and third party vendor management.
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats—including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, on-demand study support, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters degree preferred
- 5+ years operations management with a history of organizing teams and completing high volume tasks
- 3+ years of experience in modeling unstructured and complex business problems with operational and financial elements as mathematical models
- Strong understanding of how to effectively leverage and manage third party vendor relationships and partnerships
- Desire for a high level of responsibility and ownership
- Advanced skills with Excel or equivalent required (dashboards, v-lookups, pivot tables), SQL preferred
- Facilitate the creation of best practices, improved processes, and better reporting within market operations
- Manage third party vendors and leverage partnerships to drive greater efficiencies internally
- Improve fulfillment operations for increased efficiency, operational excellence, and profitability
- Develop, document, test business metrics and insights to manage and optimize business results
- Lead development and execution of initiatives through cycles of data analytics, experiment, and rollout. Create timelines, budgets, requirements, and costs for projects and the implementations of business initiatives
- Optimizing operations processes through analytical frameworks and statistical models.
- Communicate prioritization and resource allocation to management, co-workers, and business functional owners
- Prepare and present performance results and project plans to executive leadership
- Build dashboards that deliver data around operational insights and strategies
Varsity Tutors Leadership Competencies
Customer obsession * Bias for action * Accountability * Stewardship * Think big * Remove friction * Gather data and use information * Intellectual curiosity * Comfort with ambiguity * Build teams
- Competitive Salary plus Equity in the company
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- Maternity, Paternal, and Adoption Leave
- Remote Position
- Flexible PTO
- Free Learning Membership for you and your household (1-1 tutoring hours, unlimited use of on-demand services, and access to our online classes)
- Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback-rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. (INDHP)