Data Science Immersive Instructor
Posted on 5/17/2022
Data Structures & Algorithms
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Deepen your own skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices and leave as empowered data analysts and scientists
- Contribute your own expertise to a deep and broad global curriculum maintained by a team of talented data science instructors across multiple industries
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- Hone your own leadership skills by working with an instructional team and classroom community
- Must Haves:
- You have at least 2 years of professional data science experience
- You are an expert in SQL, Python, and related Python libraries (pandas, numpy)
- You have domain expertise in statistics, mathematics, and probability
- You can build and apply statistical models in python using machine learning libraries, such as scikit-learn and statsmodels
- You have a deep understanding of statistical hypothesis testing and experimental design, data visualization techniques and tools (i.e. matplotlib, bokeh, etc), and manipulation of large data sets
- You can demonstrate and explain the function of machine learning algorithms such as regularized regression, naive bayes, decision trees, ensemble methods, KNN, K-means clustering, and neural networks
- You are the person your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are trying to figure something out
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of data scientists
- Plan and implement a 12-week curriculum in conjunction with baseline materials and your local instructional team
- Deliver instruction 5 days a week, including teaching, advising, and content development
- Work closely with your instructional team to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress
- Collaborate alongside GA staff in order to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students
- Guide students through the development of real world projects that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning complex subjects
- Contribute to the material and direction of an expanding global curriculum, ensuring the course remains cutting-edge and effective for students worldwide
- You have proficiency with NLP python libraries such as NLTK; Hadoop or Apache Spark; D3.js or R
- You are on top of industry trends in big data, machine learning, deep learning, and AI
- You have previous data science or engineering teaching experience, through a course, workshop, team training, etc
Online learning platform
General Assembly fosters an elite professional community of individuals and companies through education and strategic career connections.
- Inspiration - Shape how people think and learn, from junior developers to employees of Fortune 500 companies.
- Community - Collaborate with smart, passionate peers to achieve goals and grow our business.
- Growth - Develop professional skills through mentorship, career development, and free GA classes.
- Benefits - Balance work and life with generous paid time off, parental leave, and more.