Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on 1/26/2024
Industry's first multi-channel loan origination system
MeridianLink stands out as a leading company in the financial technology sector, offering robust digital lending and account opening solutions to financial institutions, while also providing data verification services to consumer reporting agencies. Their unique business model fosters a culture of technical advancement and industry leadership, enabling employees to contribute to the development of critical financial management tools. This focus on continuous improvement and commitment to supporting consumers' financial journeys makes MeridianLink an attractive workplace for those seeking to make a significant impact in the fintech industry.
Data & Analytics
Costa Mesa, California
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↓ -1%
2 year growth↑ 19%
DevOps & Infrastructure
- Excellent understanding of hypervisor and infrastructure API technologies, private and public infrastructure solutions (VMware, AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of public, private and hybrid infrastructure solutions and cloud system engineering principles
- Familiarity with RDBMS databases such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Agile Methodology and continuous integration/delivery processes
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an investigative mindset
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of load/resource management, including load balancing, load shedding, and auto scaling
- Specialization in one or many operating systems or infrastructure technologies
- Experience with infrastructure automation and monitoring tools (Terraform/Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
- Scripting skills with PowerShell and at least one other scripting language
- Experience with Kubernetes preferred
- Create and manage infrastructure solutions that are re-usable and flexible across compute and storage of private and public infrastructure
- Support production and lower environment systems in public, private, and hybrid deployments
- Participate in the continuous development, monitoring, and troubleshooting of highly configurable and continuously deployable environments in public and private infrastructure
- Protect the company's data, tools, and information systems by adhering to Operational and Security policies and procedures throughout the service delivery lifecycle
- Troubleshoot infrastructure issues, create and manage incidents and problems to prevent and reduce the impact of customer-affecting incidents
- Administer and manage storage systems, data backups, system redundancies, and disaster recovery systems
- Analyze, install, build, modify, and support operating system templates and application stacks
- Understand the interrelationship of infrastructure components and applications
- Use diagnostic tools to analyze bottlenecks and performance and provide feedback on site performance, monitoring, and overall stability of the platform and products
- Create internal documentation, playbooks, and other consolidated knowledge repositories
- Participate in feature and story grooming planning sessions
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and manage on-call rotations
- Automate tasks for speed and consistency leveraging IaC
- Experience with Kubernetes
Working within a SRE team with a devops culture, you’re heavily involved in all things technical, including automating, troubleshooting, performance tuning, capacity planning, incident analysis and other systems and software related tasks to cloud and data center operations. Along with relevant IT experience, you bring a strong sense of ownership and a passion for learning new things.
The Site Reliability Engineer is part of the infrastructure operations team but will also work closely with software development teams to deliver infrastructure as a service that meets the growing and changing needs of the business.
Specific responsibilities include:
•Creates and manages infrastructure solutions that are re-usable and flexible across compute and storage of private and public infrastructure.
•Supports production and lower environment systems in public, private, and hybrid deployments.
•Participates in the continuous development, monitoring and troubleshooting of highly configurable and continuously deployable environments in public and private infrastructure.
•Protects the company’s data, tools, and information systems by adhering to Operational and Security policies and procedures throughout the service delivery lifecycle.
•Troubleshoots infrastructure issues, creates and manages incidents and problems to prevent and reduce the impact of customer-affecting incidents.
•Administers & manages storage systems, data backups, system redundancies, and disaster recovery systems.
•Analyzes, installs, builds, modifies, and supports operating system templates and application stacks.
•Understands the interrelationship of infrastructure components and applications.
•Uses diagnostic tools to analyze bottlenecks and performance and with development and operations teams to provide feedback on site performance, monitoring, and overall stability of Meridianlink platform and products.
•Creates internal documentation, playbooks, and other consolidated knowledge repositories that can help existing teams and future hired resources.
•Participates in feature and story grooming planning sessions.
•Participates in 24x7 on-call rotation and manage on-call rotations.
•Automation of tasks for speed and consistency leveraging IaC.
•Excellent understanding of hypervisor and infrastructure API technologies, private and public infrastructure solutions. (VMware, AWS, Azure)
•Knowledge of public, private and hybrid infrastructure solutions and knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations.
•Familiar with RDBMS databases such as Microsoft SQL Server.
•Knowledge of Agile Methodology and continuous integration/delivery processes.
•Familiarity with revision control systems
•Must be able to work independently and as part of a team on multiple overlapping projects.
•Strong problem solving and analytical skills with an investigative mindset. This means not only solving problems effectively but also investigating its root cause and tracing the various factors leading up to an incident as well as crafting a summary of all contributing factors.
•Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to facilitate meeting discussions to identify effective solutions.
•Possess a “postmortem culture” - investigate the facts and events leading up to an incident blamelessly to fine-tune the infrastructure for the future, preventing outages arising from the exact cause.
•Good understanding of load/resource management, comprising load balancing, load shedding, and auto scaling.
•Specializes in one or many operating systems or infrastructure technologies.
•Must have the capacity to rebalance workloads with minimal supervision.
•Must be able to work effectively with cross-functional departments with varying degrees of technical experience.
•Minimum of 4 years of system engineering experience in a virtualized environment and/or Cloud environment. AWS experienced preferred.
•4 years of enterprise experience including monitoring and tuning multi-tiered server infrastructures or experience in distributed, highly available, high performance, scalable cloud applications.
•Scripting skills with PowerShell and at least one other scripting language.
•Experience with infrastructure automation and monitoring tools (Terraform/Puppet/Chef/Ansible).
•Prior experience working with developers, DBAs Network Engineers to resolve bugs and performance problems.
•Ability to understand application configuration that is running on the server and help developers leverage system features and functionality.
•Experience with Kubernetes preferred.
MeridianLink has a wonderful culture where people value the work they do and appreciate each other for their contributions. We develop our employees so they can grow professionally by preferring to promote from within. We have an open-door policy with direct access to executives; we want to hear your ideas and what you think. Our company believes that to be productive in the long term, we must have a genuine work-life balance. We understand that employees have families and full lives outside of the office. To that end, we honor their personal commitments.
MeridianLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
MeridianLink runs a comprehensive background check, credit check, and drug test as part of our offer process.
Salary range of $104,000 to $146,800. [It is not typical for offers to be made at or near the top of the range.] The actual salary will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law including geographical location.
Potential For Equity-Based Awards
Insurance coverage (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability)
Flexible paid time off
401(k) plan with company match
All compensation and benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of the underlying plans or programs, as applicable and as may be amended, terminated, or superseded from time to time.