Curaleaf Holdings, Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) ("Curaleaf") is a leading international provider of consumer products in cannabis, with a mission to improve lives by providing clarity around cannabis and confidence around consumption. As a high-growth cannabis company known for quality, expertise, and reliability, the company and its brands, including Curaleaf and Select provide industry-leading service, product selection, and accessibility across the medical and adult-use markets. Today, we operate in 19 states with 144 dispensaries, service nearly 2,200 wholesale partner accounts, we have 29 cultivation sites and over 5,500 team members in the United States. Curaleaf International is the leading vertically integrated cannabis company in Europe with a unique supply and distribution network throughout the European market, bringing together pioneering science and research with cutting-edge cultivation, extraction, and production. Home | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
Our corporate social responsibility is Rooted in Good. We believe in taking corporate and social responsibility very seriously, from our educational outreach to national partnerships, state-wide initiatives and local causes. Giving back to the communities where we operate is important to us and helps to change old attitudes by showing the positive impact of cannabis in creating jobs, changing lives, and helping local communities. Social Responsibility | Curaleaf | Cannabis with Confidence
We educate. We advocate. We give.
Curaleaf’s Accountant will work within the finance department and support management and staff through performing complex technical and administrative functions including general accounting, payroll administration, bookkeeping, financial reporting, and administrative support. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of managing cross-functional tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment and must be able to wear multiple hats.
We are looking for an experienced accountant to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of experience and is comfortable working independently or as part of a team.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in the daily accounting activities and assist in month-end close process by preparing journal entries (including but not limited to cash, fixed assets, prepaids, accruals, and inter-company transactions) and preparing various asset and liability reconciliations.
- Perform account analysis and maintain account reconciliations, including bank statements and intercompany general ledger accounts.(across multiple legal entities)
- Assist with external and internal audit requests, including quarterly reviews and the yearend audit.
- Assist A/R and A/P teams with customer and vendor management as needed.
- Compile internal management reports and seek to find value in financial data.
- Participate in special projects/oversight of additional technical accounting areas as assigned.
- Develop, document, and adhere to business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Assist with the continuous improvement of processes and procedures as company expands in to new and established markets
Education Required: BS in Accounting
Experience Required: 2-3 years general ledger accounting and financial analysis experience.
- Advanced Excel skills required, including the ability to use V-lookups and pivot tables
- Experienced in the use of accounting software (experience in Microsoft Dynamics accounting software preferred)
- Must have a solid understanding of accounting concepts and basic accounting fundamentals: GAAP, general ledger accounting, financial accounting statements, and P&L statements.
- Demonstrated experience with general ledgers, account reconciliations, bank accounts, customer and vendor statements
- Experience with intercompany accounting and Sarbanes-Oxley Internal Control Framework highly desirable.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and follow-up skills
- Enjoys working in a start-up, fast-paced environment
Curaleaf is an equal opportunity employer. Curaleaf recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as requires by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Individuals adversely impacted by the war on drugs are encouraged to apply.