Senior Technical Artist
Posted on 11/16/2022
Mountain View, CA, USA
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Game Art, or related field
- Experience working with 3D models, texturing, and rigging
- Experience with digital materials, and lighting, with an understanding stylized rendering
- Be the bridge between Engineering and Artists. Proactively improve asset tools and pipeline
- Support 3D asset import into Unreal Engine, preserving surface quality, textures, and rigging. Establish best practices and guidelines
- Optimizing 3D assets for performant rendering, and reduction of visual artifacts such as aliasing
- Work directly with 3D assets and 3D authoring tools such as Blender, Maya, 3DS Max
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Develop best in class real-time 3D visualizations across a variety of applications within the vehicle
- Create progressive, intuitive, and reliable applications for the Rivian in-vehicle experience
- Collaborate with the UX/UI design team to realize beautiful, cutting edge designs
- Test the in-vehicle experience in the lab and in Rivian prototype vehicles
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues found during testing
- Help drive research into new technologies and interfaces
- Collaborate with other divisions in understanding and sharing of technology roadmaps, portfolios and intellectual property
- Prior experience with game engine technologies. Experience with Unreal Engine is a plus
- Proficient with at-least one scripting language (preferably Python). Visual scripting is a plus. C++ experience is even better
- Experience in Game Development or SFX is strongly preferred. Automotive electronics and/or consumer electronics is a plus
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team