Director of Product, Discovery
Posted on 1/13/2022
- Eight years overall product management experience, with at least 2+ years of experience working on scaled consumer products
- Five years of direct management experience
- Proven experience building product roadmaps, defining and measuring experiments, and working collaboratively with peers from engineering, design, and cross-functional teams (including business development, legal, operations, community, communications
- Experience presenting to Executive-level leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage, mentor and motivate a team, as well as align a diverse set of stakeholders toward a common goal
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience managing high complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity
- Define the vision and launch products that allow Reddit to feel unique to every customer around the world
- Leverage your strong product intuition, dig into data, and do ecosystem analyses to determine how to motivate and inspire end users
- Experience setting roadmaps with a strong product vision and defining OKRs to guide your team
- Directly manage and train product managers. Work cross-functionally with Design and Engineering and ML counterparts
- Participate as a key member in the consumer leadership team, advising and setting the strategy for the future of consumer products at Reddit
- Work cross functionally with stakeholders such as Consumer Product, Community Product, Search and Relevance, and Sales/Ads Engineering to define and achieve common goals
- 10+ years overall product management experience
- Understand in depth and have a high level of respect for the core user base at Reddit and develop the most appropriate and innovative solutions that are suitable for Reddit's international growth
- New York or San Francisco based
- Director level product experience at Social Media or consumer focused B2B companies
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.