Data Center Technician
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Toronto, ON, Canada
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in data center industry
- Knowledge in computer networking, troubleshooting and analytical skills in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
- Experience with installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting data center equipment
- Adept at identifying and solving problems at various levels of internetworked computer systems
- Technical knowledge of current network hardware, network management concepts, LAN and WAN networking, Operating Systems and Virtualization
- Good physical condition to lift heavy equipment during deployment
- Available to travel approximately 15% of the time in North America and parts of Europe
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Certified Data Center Professional (CDCP)
- Lab testing using oscilloscope, switches and servers
- Procure and deploy equipment and its required connectivity in data centers
- Maintain detailed documentation of all deployed IT assets
- Coordinate with technicians in our remote sites to troubleshoot network related issues
- Review, propose and implement data center sites improvement
- Install, upgrade, configure and maintain network equipment, servers and Operating Systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and Layer 1 and 2 connectivity problems
- Coordinate with Service providers for the installation and activation of new services
- Manage RMAs with manufacturers
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference
- Available for emergency on-call during nights, weekend and holidays
Proprietary trading firm
DRW's mission is to build revolutionary finance. The company is doing this by building a system that applies modeling, technology and quantitative research to identify opportunities in the global financial markets.
- Daily catered breakfast & lunch
- Social events
- Gym subsidy
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly tastings
- Game room
- On-site yoga classes and meditation
- Employee led affinity groups
- Mentor/mentee outings
- Trivia nights
- Educational opportunities
- DRW-sponsored sports teams
- Poker tournament
- Private mother's suite
Company Core Values
- Integrity - In order to collaborate thoughtfully and build strong relationships, we value transparency and hold ourselves and our people accountable.
- Critical thought - We like solving problems and discussing technical and research topics. We question what we think we know.
- Learning - Continual growth and exploration, both formally and in our day-to-day interactions, helps build our skills individually and as a team.
- Challenge consensus - We achieve the highest standard of success by challenging our decision making every day. Our formula? Strong opinions, loosely held.
- Preparation - Always be prepared for the expected and the unexpected. We adapt as the markets evolve, and in-depth research helps us do that.
- Respect - Our work environment is diverse, and that diversity makes us stronger. We collaborate thoughtfully, and hold each other in high regard.
- Sense of urgency - In a fast-paced industry, we adapt and are always ready to act. Priorities shift, objectives evolve and we move quickly to adjust.