Product Development Assistant
Posted on 3/22/2023
New York, NY, USA
- Backed by 1-3 years of relevant product development and sourcing experience
- An excellent communicator (in groups big and small) with strong interpersonal skills
- Excited about product design, with an eye for the detail that will delight our customers
- Eager to learn, ask effective questions, and balance differing viewpoints to reach the best resolutions
- Detail-oriented with super-strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable learning your way around the Google suite and Adobe applications for viewing tech drawings, combining files, and making edits
- Not on the Office of Inspector General's List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience in eyewear product development and sourcing
- Experience working with international vendors (you understand the cultural, regulatory, commercial, operational, and logistical implications of managing day-to-day operations within that setting)
- Previous exposure to Oracle Fusion ERP
- Support vendor relationships through the end-to-end product lifecycle of both new product and core business, from development to bulk delivery
- Issue and track purchase orders (POs) to ensure on-time, in-full deliveries that pass pre-production and production quality approvals-and facilitate problem-solving for any delays
- Own the timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices using our proprietary systems
- Assist in the validation and processing of import tariffs
- Collect monthly vendor stock reports and maintain vendor material inventory data using our internal tools
- Assist in new product development launches while driving cost optimizations through bill of materials (BOM) management, cost breakdown analysis, order placement, sample tracking, and production management
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders from our Design, Merchandising and Planning, Supply Chain, and Finance teams
- Support vendor forecasting by compiling our monthly SKU-level forecast
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
Company Core Values
- Treat customers the way we’d like to be treated.
- Create an environment where employees can think big, have fun, and do good.
- Get out there.
- Green is good.