SRE in Test
Posted on 4/3/2023
Google Cloud Platform
- Coding infrastructure automation experience with Ansible and Terraform, and comfortable with managed Kubernetes platforms
- Experience with various cloud provider systems (e.g. GCP, AWS)
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, Travis, GitLab)
- Experience with Debian and RHEL based systems
- Experience developing in Ruby and use of Git
- Experience using test automation tools like Capybara, Watir, Selenium
- Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process
- GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab's policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process
- Quality department page
- GitLab Dedicated page
- SET Job family (the full job description)
- Expand our existing test automation framework and test coverage
- Develop new tests and tools for our GitLab.com frontend, backend APIs and services, and low-level systems like geo replication, CI/CD, and load balancing
- Work with the product team and other development teams to understand how new features should be tested, and then engage them in contributing automated tests
- Work with engineers to define and implement mechanisms to inject testing earlier into the software development process
- Identify and drive the adoption of best practices in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability. You should know about clean code and the test pyramid, and champion these concepts
- Analyze complex software systems and collaborate with others to improve the overall design, testability and quality
- Strive for the fastest feedback possible. Test parallelization should be a top priority. You see distributed systems as a core challenge of good test automation infrastructure
- Configure automated tests to execute reliably and efficiently in CI/CD environments
- Track and communicate test results in a timely, effective, and automated manner
Repository hosting manager tool
It is GitLab's mission to make it so that everyone can contribute. When everyone can contribute, users become contributors and greatly increases the rate of innovation.
- Spending Company Money
- Equity Compensation
- Life Insurance
- Financial Wellness
- Paid Time Off
- Growth and Development Benefit
- GitLab Contribute
- Business Travel Accident Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Part-time contracts
- Meal Train
- Fertility & Family Planning
- Parental Leave
Company Core Values
- Collaboration: To achieve results, team members must work together effectively.
- Results: We do what we promised to each other, customers, users, and investors.
- Efficiency: Working efficiently on the right things enables us to make fast progress, which makes our work more fulfilling.
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging.
- Iteration: We do the smallest thing possible and get it out as quickly as possible.
- Transparency: Be open about as many things as possible.