Intercom is redefining how businesses support their customers using powerful messaging and automation.
Customer service teams from more than 25,000 global organizations, including Atlassian, Amazon and Lyft Business, rely on Intercom to deliver efficient and personal customer experiences at scale. Intercom is used to send over 500 million messages per month and enables interactions with over 600 million monthly active end users.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through in-product messaging, and so much more!
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
We are looking for a driven Senior Sales Compensation Analyst to be the owner and driver of the Sales Commissions process.
We are not your standard accounting team. We’re highly quantitative individuals who love to turn data into insights and communicate our findings fearlessly, and we’re looking for similarly minded individuals who are constantly curious and driven to understand our business better.
You will be focused on building scalable processes and increasing operational efficiencies focused on our Sales Commission process. We want to provide a best in class experience to our sales team, and ensure our process and systems are built to scale with our growing business. You will be a key partner to Sales leadership, Sales Operations and Finance teams.
We’re looking for someone who can help us create a strong infrastructure for the team and proactively drive change to support our company’s growth. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
We currently operate in a hybrid working model and have offices in San Francisco, Chicago, Dublin, London and Sydney. While we’d love to see you at the office, this job is also available for remote employment if your place of permanent residence is in the following states; California and Washington.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Manage our commissions process for the Global Sales Organization in four offices
- Administer all sales variable payments, including commissions, draws, MBOs, and SPIFFs in accordance with the commission process for all commissionable employees
- Ensure accurate and timely distribution of individual sales compensation documents to a global sales organization
- Help develop and implement sales commission policies and processes for our sales teams across all segments; develop processes that scale as the company continues growth
- Own sales attainment metrics
- Proactively review, analyze and improve our current commissions process in partnership with our Finance and Sales teams
- Support Sales leadership, Sales Operations, and Finance teams with compensation metrics and reporting, including cost of sales analysis month to month and quarter to quarter
- Resolve commissions disputes and inquiries and process corrections and adjustments
- Provide commission expenses reporting and analytics
What skills do I need? 📖
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a Sales Compensation is required
- Strong knowledge of commissions and sales operations processes
- Prior experience in a technology/software/SaaS company is a plus
- Knowledge of compensation systems, preferably CaptivateIQ
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with ASC 606 commissions accounting is a plus
- Strong business insight and judgment, team orientation and collaborative style
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment
- Exceptional independent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to manage senior stakeholders
Bonus skills & attributes 🙌
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
*Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
The base salary range for this role is targeted at $122,200 - $165,400 in Washington and California (Non-SF Metro) and $135,800 - $183,800 for the San Francisco Bay Area. Actual base pay will depend on a variety of factors such as education, skills, experience, location, etc. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All regular employees may also be eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). Please note that this information is only provided publicly for candidates in California and Washington.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Intercom is currently able to hire if an employee has a permanent residence in the following locations; Australia, Ireland, England and applicable US states. (California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Texas, and Washington).
Is this role not quite what you’re looking for? Join our Talent Community to stay connected with us.