Mrna Production Co-Op
Northeastern University Students
Posted on 11/9/2023
Pioneering single-dose genomic medicines using epigenetics
Chroma Medicine is a pioneer in the field of genomic medicine, leveraging the power of epigenetics to develop single-dose treatments that precisely control gene activity without altering the DNA sequence. Their work is based on groundbreaking research from leading genomic medicine experts, giving them a competitive edge in the development of a new class of therapeutics. This focus on precision genomics and commitment to curing diseases makes Chroma Medicine an exciting and rewarding place to work.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 22%
1 year growth↑ 74%
2 year growth↑ 269%
Cambridge, MA, USA
Medical, Clinical & Veterinary
Biology & Biotech
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in Biology/Chemistry or other life-sciences related disciplines
- 1+ years of relevant co-op or internship experience
- Experience with PCR, aseptic technique, chemical synthesis, gel electrophoresis
- Strong attention to detail
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Learn the of Chroma’s In Vitro Transcription (IVT) based mRNA production process including:
- laboratory automation related to IVT production and sample aliquoting.
- analytical instrumentation related to IVT product purity and integrity characterization.
- Interface with the plasmid production / procurement group to source IVT template materials.
- Maintain crucial reagent and consumables stocks as well as keeping detailed records of IVT batch production.
- Develop and execute research proposals to test and improve existing high throughput IVT protocols.
- Work with other groups within the organization to translate research-grade material production protocols into downstream ready processes.