There are exciting things going on behind the scenes at Eventbrite. Our product portfolio is growing and we are rapidly expanding the number of product features to serve our broader scope of event creators. Given our growth, our business has become more complex and dynamic and we require excellence in our accounting teams to provide guidance to our business partners and ensure we comply with all our financial reporting obligations as a public company.
The SEC and Corporate Reporting Team is a crucial part of the accounting & controllership organization and is responsible for all SEC and regulatory financial filings, providing guidance on technical accounting matters, and performing various financial analysis for corporate accounting oversight and external reporting.
The SEC & Corporate Reporting team partners with senior leadership and various teams across the business (e.g., legal, investor relations, FP&A, etc.), as well as internal and external auditors to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting of a US public company. We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced professional to join our organization. The position will lead a team responsible for all of Eventbrite’s SEC reporting requirements, technical accounting matters, and corporate accounting deliverables and will report into the Senior Accounting Director.
- Manage and run the entire quarterly SEC 10-Q and annual 10-K process including drafting, cross functional collaboration & approval and filing
- Responsible for various corporate accounting matters including the proper accounting of non-routine transactions, legal reserves, and share based compensation.
- Participate in the Company’s Disclosure Committee and when appropriate the Audit Committee
- Work closely with the auditors on the quarterly review and annual audit of Eventbrite Inc 10-Q and 10-K
- Have an understanding of complex technical accounting issues ensuring the company is fully compliant with US GAAP, including the adoption of new accounting standards and guiding on proper implementation.
- Have the ability to work in a SOX compliant environment ensuring compliance with all relevant controls and a proactive approach to continuous improvement & efficiency.
- Continual development and improvement of accounting policies, internal control procedures and systems in accordance with industry best practice
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP, with expertise in technical accounting and internal controls
- Previous experience in public accounting at manager level, including public company audits and reporting
- Experience leading both technical accounting and SEC reporting at a public US company
- Demonstrate team leadership to manage and develop technical reporting & accounting professionals with a focus on excellence
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Licensed CPA or other recognized public accounting qualification
- Knowledge of ERPs and wider financial systems
- Experience with Workday and Workiva
- Active Eventbrite user with a passion for live events
WHAT WE OFFER
At Eventbrite, we strive to support our Britelings and their loved ones through different stages of life with robust and attractive benefits, financial and physical wellness options, and great perks. In addition to offering a competitive salary and company stock, we have other great benefits available. In the Briteland, you’ll find great medical plans, fertility and adoption benefits, wellness reimbursement, generous parental leave, and much more.
We care about your mental health and wellbeing.
Our employees enjoy free coaching sessions with Modern Health. We also offer free therapy sessions with a psychologist. You’ll also have access to private medical insurance for you and your family, that includes dental care. And our wellness program to pay for your gym expenses.
We work hard to cultivate a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where Britelings feel like they belong.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer programming throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We offer ongoing training and career development that meets people where they are in their careers.
We offer unlimited access to courses in Udemy, leadership coaching for all managers, Briteling led talks, and weekly company-wide town halls with our CEO. We take culture seriously and design programs with employee feedback in mind to make Eventbrite a great place to work no matter where you work from in the world.
Work-life balance & flexibility is extremely important to us.
Our employees can choose what works best for them: work in one of our offices, be fully remote or the best of both worlds! We believe in a flexible working environment to allow Britelings to perform at their best ensuring a healthy work-life balance. We have recently implemented Britebreak Fridays: all Britelings turn off their computers and take the first Friday of every month off to focus on their wellbeing.
Eventbrite is a global self-service ticketing and experience technology platform that serves a community of hundreds of thousands of event creators in nearly 180 countries. Since inception, Eventbrite has been at the center of the experience economy, transforming the way people organize and attend events. The company was founded by Julia Hartz, Kevin Hartz and Renaud Visage, with a vision to build a self-service platform that would make it possible for anyone to create and sell tickets to live experiences. The Eventbrite platform provides an intuitive, secure, and reliable service that enables creators to plan and execute their live and online events, whether it’s an annual culinary festival attracting thousands of foodies, a professional webinar, a weekly yoga workshop or a youth dance class. With over 290 million tickets distributed for over 5 million total events in 2021, Eventbrite is where people all over the world discover new things to do or new ways to do more of what they love. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
Eventbrite is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from all suitably qualified individuals are encouraged, regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.