Technical Documentation Manager
Posted on 2/25/2022
- 10+ years of experience as a writer for enterprise software for multiple audiences, with at least 5 years leading distributed writing teams
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple responsibilities across projects and teams
- Experience collaborating with groups across different functions and geographic locations
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly and to work hands-on with products, so you can empathize with the challenges our users face
- Good understanding of SAAS technologies and APIs
- Ability to think critically about the user journey and craft holistic information experiences that span multiple media and formats
- Understanding and application of minimalism, structured authoring, content strategy, and information architecture
- Successful track record of driving change and growing talent
- Excellent communication, leadership, and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree or above in a technical or content-related field, or comparable work experience
- We create and publish content that helps our users successfully deploy, customize, and use our applications. Our audience includes business analysts, technical consultants, and programmers. We are passionate about customer success. We strive to create outstanding information experiences that help our users meet their goals efficiently by providing the right information in the most appropriate format, when and where they need it
- What we offer you:
- An open, collaborative, and supportive work environment
- Peers who are dedicated to creating accurate, high-quality, user-centered content
- Opportunities to drive and to participate in initiatives to improve the information experience for our users
- Freedom to experiment and innovate
- Ample opportunities to learn new technologies
- Lead a team of Information Development professionals who design and develop content, including application guides, online experiences, developer documentation, and API content
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, software leads and developers, and other teams to plan content updates in alignment with business strategy and goals
- Drive the information experience through various deliverables and formats, including contextual assistance, UI text, and on-boarding content
- Help consolidate, organize, and improve existing content
- Use analytics and feedback to measure content effectiveness
- Lead and participate in initiatives to address specific challenges or to develop innovative ways to content design and delivery
- Support your team in creating and publishing content as needed
- Track and manage multiple projects and releases
- Coach and mentor the team to help them through their careers and to achieve a shared product vision
- Experience working in DITA or Markdown
- Working knowledge of source control tools (such as Git), API documentation tools (such as Swagger tools), video creation tools, and walk-through tools (such as Pendo)
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Experience using analytics tools that can help making data-driven decisions
- UX Writing of Copywriting experience
Recurring revenue software
Guidewire's mission is the be the platform insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. The company is building a data-backed insurance solution.
- Financial: Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
- Health & Wellness: Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
- Flexible Working: Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
- Downtime: Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
- Continual Development: We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
- Career Mobility: Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.
- Integrity: We build and maintain honest, candid, and caring relationships with clients, potential customers, partners, investors, and of course, each other!
- Rationality: All we do is supported by factual evidence—whether it’s building awesome products, making decisions, or communicating with each other.
- Collegiality: We’re in it together—so we’re all equal. We work in professional harmony, with respect, without arrogance, and as part of a structure where responsibility is shared and owned by all of us.