Lead Product Designer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote in USA
- Experience as a product designer or combination of research and design
- Experience with research and design for civic digital services
- Experience leading a team of researchers and designers in the discovery, exploration, build, and evaluation activities
- Experience in collaborating with product analysts to plan, strategize, and leverage research insights to make key decisions for the future of the product
- Experience in establishing HCD processes and procedures within a project space
- Strong collaboration skills in working with Business and Engineering counterparts
- Experience with Human Centered Design (HCD) specifically in designing digitally focused products and services
- 5 or more years of experience in working with Designers, Researchers and Analysts in planning and executing research activities and delivering design solutions
- Deep understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusivity (DEI) and how it applies to the work
- Experience in designing usable, accessible, and empowering B2B and B2C services and products
- Experience building and working with design systems
- Samples of work that can show your familiarity with both research and design are required to be considered for this opportunity, this can be in the form of a presentation, case studies, readouts, etc
- Preference for those with experience around usability and building 508-compliant web applications
- Must have been a resident of the United States for at least 3 years in the most recent 5 years to qualify for public trust clearance
- Meet with Product Owner, Researchers and Agency stakeholders to review scope and design goals for an upcoming iteration of product improvements
- Guide your team in the planning, design, and facilitation of HCD activities to engage stakeholders in discovery, exploration, build and evaluation phases
- Work alongside your HX team to guide and mentor them in their research and design efforts
- Track priorities in the form of Jira tickets to ensure clarity, accountability, and alignment in the work you and your team is completing
- Participate in weekly ceremonies to provide ongoing reporting of project status and health
- Manage the logistics, deliverable timelines, and operational requirements of each project
- Proactively review and understand existing product, environment, eco-system, information architecture, key user workflows
- Review product analytics, customer service data and other sources to understand patterns, personas and key usage scenarios
- Work with UI developers to build and manage design assets, style guides and design fidelity in the implemented application
- Guide the build, review and testing of designs to guide product and service design decisions
- Help team and agency stakeholders by providing insightful documentation that is accessible to broader audiences
- Review, critique, guide and mentor researchers, designers and other team members
- Participate and guide your team to participate in sharing lessons learned, new concepts, methods in learning events like brownbag sessions, DEMO Days and external events like meetups, conferences, and webinars
Digital services firm
Softrams' mission is to grow and continue to be a leading consulting and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package by providing options for medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also offer 100% company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance and life insurance for the employee along with optional spousal and child life insurance.
- We offer a generous 401k program with matching employer contributions of up to 5%. Employees become fully vested 30 days after their start date.
- Everyone needs time to recharge and unwind which is why we provide an annual 15-day vacation and 5-day sick leave. We also provide additional maternity and parental leave, as well as bereavement leave.
- We are proud to share our in-house training application which provides unlimited access to training programs (AWS, Azure, SAFe etc). We offer rewards for completion of certificates and host internal brown bag sessions to ensure an environment of continuous learning. We have also launched a new “Yearn to Learn” initiative which provides recommended courses and certifications along with opportunities and incentives based on current role and future aspirations.
- We provide your choice of laptop – MacBook Pro or PC, along with any additional software you may need for your job. Our offices provide ergonomic desks with adjustable height powered by push button operation, with USB plugins conveniently mounted right at their desk (SmartDesk). Additionally, our offices have all new Zoom Rooms installed in each conference room to ensure quality communication and collaboration in a seamless and integrated manner.
- We have partnered with Teaching for Good to provide free virtual training and mentoring for anyone interested in enhancing their career or would like to acquire new competencies. We also hope to create the skills of our future workforce.
- The pandemic has shifted how companies engage with their employees. In addition to the annual company event, we have created new virtual events such as Virtual Birthday Cake Cutting, Trivia, Bingo and many more to emphasize we are one team.
Company Core Values
- Stand United: The current climate of divisive politics and ideologies reminds us of the importance of unifying values. At Softrams, we believe in equity and justice for all which makes us proud of our diversity.
- Provide Value: We take pride in our work and strive to provide exceptional digital services that are achieved through in-depth research, avant-garde creativity, and tenacious execution.
- Transform Digital Landscape: With our client partnerships, we aim to make a difference in how technology shapes our world. We co-create new possibilities for how work is managed.