What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for “Because People Matter,” because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. BPM offers a rich diversity in clients, industries, and overall work. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
Transfer Pricing Background:
Transfer pricing is a multidisciplinary field that integrates economics, business, tax, and accounting principles in the evaluation of global intercompany transactions. Implementation of transfer pricing may lead to tax savings for corporations, which require various documentation. In providing transfer pricing services, deliverables can include this documentation, as well as planning reports and tax modeling among others. These deliverables require the preparation of comparable benchmark studies, analysis of the industries within which the company operates, interviews with clients regarding entity functions and risks, as well as other activities.
With this internship, you’ll receive mentorship and guidance from professionals in our transfer pricing practice. Transfer Pricing interns are given the opportunity to develop consulting skills and to apply their expertise to generate effective solutions to complex economic problems. You will be a part of the client-facing team, developing a comprehensive understanding of client businesses and the broader industry in which they operate.
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in a BS/BA/MS in Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance
- Students graduating between 12/1/2023 - 8/1/2024
- Excellent written and verbal skills (there’s a large writing component to this position)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- A positive attitude mixed with an innate desire to learn and research
You can expect to:
- Prepare practical approaches to economic situations and presenting logical, insightful solutions
- Perform research projects on current global transfer pricing regulations, and analyze/organize financial data for a variety of international corporations
- Research business and industry trends to provide insight and prepare reports related to client business operations
- Participate in functional interview calls with our clients
- Socialize with other Tax interns and staff both virtually and in-person (where possible)
- Participate in Q&A’s with our CEO, Jim Wallace and other high-ranking partners
- Present to senior leaders at the end of your internship about your experience and learnings
- Be assigned a "buddy" who will communicate with you every week, answer your questions, and help you with the various aspects of our process
- This is a 9-week summer internship that will begin on Thursday, June 15th 2023
- All interns will have Friday’s off
- This job pays $28/hr
- Here’s what our 2022 summer interns had to say about their experience at BPM: VIDEO
Wondering if you should apply?
BPM is powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. We recognize, develop, and empower talent and encourage diversity of thought. Your point of view, skillset and experience will only make us stronger, so if you’re eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note - this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.