At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Foothill Ranch, Irvine, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, Boise, Seoul, and Parksville, Canada are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you believe video games are art? Do you love game art in every form, from wild detailed 3D sculpts to concept art, texture sheets, character models, UI graphics and icons, props, weapons, clothing, costumes and customized parts and pieces of every kind? Can you build exceptional relationships with production artists, contributing to an environment where they do their very best work? Are you experienced with the artistic tools of the trade, from Photoshop to Maya to various unique or customized tools of production? Do you take pride in a beautiful end-product, knowing you ran interference for other creators, managed dependencies, removed road blocks, and helped your team focus on the highest-impact work? If this sounds pretty great to you, we have an amazing job we hope you’ll consider.
We are looking for a Senior Producer to work with our art, outsourcing, and tech teams to build an exceptional pipeline that allows us to build world-class characters to enhance both quality and efficiency. Working in close partnership with the Tech Art Director, Creative Director, Lead Artists, and other producers you will manage the production and implementation of game character art, documenting requirements, improving pipelines and workflows, measuring production velocity, and forecasting progress. You’ll integrate outsourcing, 3D scanning, internal artists and technical art into high-end visuals that establish a new state-of-the-art for our franchise. You’ll work across disciplines to advocate for the art team in feature and tool development to help ensure our amazing artists have everything they need to make the next iteration of WWE2K the most visually striking wrestling game ever.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the Tech Art Director to prioritize, plan and coordinate art production
- Work closely with our User Creation and feature teams to ensure implementation needs are met across multiple areas of the game
- Develop processes for efficient review, feedback and approval
- Ensure a constant line of communication between character art production and all other co-dependent pods
- Measure velocity, forecast progress, and participate in team-wide scheduling and scoping
- Anticipate and resolve challenges, remove road blocks and dependencies
- As needed, document technical requirements and workflows; establish standard processes
- Act as an advocate for artists, art quality, and artistic achievement in the end product
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- 5+ or more years of AAA, 3D game production or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of CG discipline dependencies, especially Modeling, Rigging, Animation, and physics simulation
- 2 or more shipped games with significant scope of ownership in art production
- Familiarity with Maya, and Photoshop
- Strong artistic eye, and passion for quality
- Experience with Jira, ShotGrid, or other asset/issue management suite
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
Might Be Nice:
- Background in Environment, Character or Character Tech Art
- Project management training in Scrum or other agile framework
- Passion for WWE, sports, and sports entertainment
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $90,000 and $160,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an ’at-will position’ and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com