At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades.
We grew from a modest small business in 1976 to be the premiere provider of entertainment technology and solutions, staying true to our mission of modernizing content production and leading the digital transformation within the industry. With a global workforce across a host of storied brands, our cloud-based technology and industry expertise span all areas of produced and live entertainment, from film, television, streaming, to advertising, live events, and short-form.
Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
The Director, Brand is a key leader within the Marketing organization and is responsible for the development and democratization of the brand, with a focus on developing a strategy to take us into the future. This role will be aimed at determining how the brand needs to come to life to live up to the marketplace expectations, create brand joy, and ultimately deliver on our purpose of being a leader in entertainment-technology.
As our brand leader, you are a creative problem solver who must function collaboratively across teams and disciplines to influence without authority and drive impact. This is a role that will be charged with making key creative strategies and decisions. You must be able to educate, guide, and present your path with passion and conviction, earning the trust of your stakeholders. Experience within digital products, B2B and SaaS companies is a major plus.
This role will require excellent interpersonal and communicative skills, as well as demonstrate sound leadership and decision-making ability. A passion for creative storytelling is necessary. This is a hands-on role within a team reimaging the impact of brand and marketing across the organization. An open mind, open thinking and start-up mentality will be necessary for success. This role will report to the VP, Brand and Marketing.
- Lead creative services (copywriters/designers/agency partners) to bring together design and content expertise to support executions that drive the biggest business impact.
- Set a vision for user and client storytelling and develop new ways to integrate our voice into marketing execution.
- Ensure all materials are being created to the standards of the brand, holding the quality at the highest priority.
- Lead the development and execution of a global brand strategy (and any other performance hosiery brand initiatives) working with both internal and external teams and agencies that ensure a legacy for the brand.
- Lead and collaborate with direct and cross-functional team members to execute effective product launches from conception to delivery.
- Conceptualize and execute our brand experiences, the company’s presence at industry-wide events, as well as communicate culture and values through internal, recruiting and DEI events.
- Identify opportunities for our brand to come to life in partnership with users, brands, and partners.
- Responsible for brand portfolio management including new product development from idea to delivery. Collaborate on new product development and product updates for seamless new product launch strategies, updates, and road maps relevant to the brand across all markets.
- Strong partnership with the Manager, Content Marketing to execute brand strategies and grow digital footprint in the market.
- Build and champion brand stories across the key businesses with a commitment to user/client-centered thinking.
- Develop and own a Naming Council to develop names across the breadth of the product portfolios in partnership with Product Marketing, Legal and Product partners.
- Develop and nurture a strong brand-led culture within Sales, Product Marketing, Product, Leadership, and Human Resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5-7 years managing brand/marketing campaigns.
- Experience crafting materials using Canva, Animoto, and HubSpot.
- Experience building executive relationships and driving/influencing change.
- Passion for creativity, innovation and thinking outside the box.
- Outstanding project management, execution, and business acumen.
- Ability to influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of responsibilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build strategy documents and presentation decks.
- Experience in strategic planning, building out processes, and managing ambiguity.
- Able to offer key insights in new Product development.
- Experience in managing / leading within a complex matrix organization.
- Experience in event and sponsorship marketing, including negotiating partnerships, sponsorships, and contracts.
Special Work Conditions
- Occasional travel required to support remote office.
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Compensation is commensurate with various factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, skills, training, licensure, certifications, geographic cost of labor, and other business and organizational needs. Compensation range for candidates in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
The compensation range for this position is:
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and other perks!
Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the U.S.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.