Dragon & Falcon
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience using scientific programming languages (internships and school projects apply)
- Experience with Thermal Desktop and ANSYS Workbench
- Experience with 3D and reduced order thermal modeling
- Ability to identify sizing cases and quickly evaluate the impact of design decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver against an aggressive schedule
- Experience sizing TPS using reduced order modeling
- Experience with Fully Implicit Ablation and Thermal Analysis Program (FIAT)
- Experience with propulsion system design and analysis
- Experience created structured / unstructured meshes using Pointwise, StarCCM+, etc
- Experience running CFD codes (FUN3D, DPLR, US3D, LociChem)
- Experience with Sinda/Fluent
- Some fundamentals in aerodynamics
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Thermal design of spacecraft, launch vehicles, and hardware, from initial high-level analysis down to validation of performance with ground tests, flight, and orbital data (e.g. on-orbit thermal analysis, thermal protection system (TPS) sizing, acceptance / qualification test level derivation, issue ticket resolution)
- Automate workflow to reduce engineering investment in the design cycle
- Pursue performance/robustness improvements
- Pursue operational simplicity and seek to reduce burden on other groups at SpaceX
- Produce quality documentation of your work to reduce miss-rate and improve efficiency
- Review peer work
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.