Posted on 9/9/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • New York, NY, USA
- Database expert: You bring multiple years of expertise in operating production databases, whether Postgres, Mysql or similar database systems. You have a deep understanding of modern database systems and the ecosystem around them. You have experience in designing database schema/structures and programming and optimizing database code, SQL, and debugging performance issues
- You have experience in scaling a hyper-growth startup
- You can lead a small team and multi-month project end to end with minimal management and cross-functional support
- You've managed, maintained, and monitored systems using Amazon Web Services, and Datadog
- Take ownership of the overall database system, and build vision and roadmaps for the team
- Partner with teams across the company to drive reliability, performance, scalability, and observability of the database system
- Build a tooling chain to help diagnose operational issues and help address high-priority issues as they arise
- Design, improve and automate processes like database provision, schema migration, capacity planning, etc
Notion's mission is to make toolmaking ubiquitous. The company operates an all-in-one productivity platform that enables users to create tools and collaborate easily.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Mental health & wellbeing package
- Parental leave
- Fertility coverage
- Retirement matching
- Commuter benefits
- Monthly stipend
Company Core Values
- Be an owner of the mission: We’re driven by our commitment to empower every person on the planet to use software exactly the way they want.
- Be a pace setter: We move with urgency so we can set the cadence for our market, cover more ground, and ship more great products and programs for our users, faster.
- Be a truth seeker: We pursue the best data, ideas, and solutions with rigor and open-mindedness, always guided by our users’ most pressing needs.
- Be kind and direct: We deliver feedback in the spirit of helping our colleagues improve, balancing sensitivity with caring honesty. We’re in this together.