is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
As an Engineering Manager, you will oversee an existing engineering team aligned to key aspects of the Kandji product and platform. You will partner with the Product and Design teams to develop a roadmap that achieves our mission to build an industry-leading product that provides the most consistent, reliable, and effective experience to our customers. You will collaborate with Staff and Principal engineers as well as other engineering teams to design an architecture that finds a balance between achieving short- and long-term goals for both the product and technology platforms.
You will be accountable for maintaining your engineering team’s health and continuously improving its productivity. Finally, you will be responsible for building and maintaining a world-class, inclusive culture within your team.
How you will make a difference day to day
- Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship high-quality code and tackle hard engineering problems
- Create a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, inclusivity, innovation, learning, respect, and transparency while holding a high bar for craftsmanship
- Contribute to and/or execute on the organization’s vision and standards around security, quality, observability, and clean code
- Share your knowledge with team members by reviewing code, collaborating on design documents, giving technical talks, formal mentorship, and JIT feedback
- Collaborate closely with the Design and Product teams to ensure that your team has a well-defined roadmap
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to identify, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity, code quality, automated testing, or other engineering best practices
- 7+ years of experience designing, building, and deploying scalable applications, ideally, in a cloud-native environment
- 2+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Experience driving the design and implementation of large-scale initiatives for SaaS products
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Thrives in an environment with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Strong communication skills with a customer focus
- Quality first mindset
- Required to work on-site 3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday). Managers may require additional on-site days.
These requirements are for the strongest, ideal candidate. Even if you do not outperform every bullet point, Kandji encourages you to apply. We promote a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and recognize that even the strongest candidates won’t have all desired experiences and qualifications.
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with a 4% company match
• 20 days PTO + Kandji Wellness Week off the first week of July
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 health and wellness days per year
• Equity for full-time employees
• 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Kandji is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status or any other status protected by applicable law.