Backend Engineer / Senior Backend Engineer, Environment Automation
Posted on 5/2/2022
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
Ruby on Rails
- Have strong programming skills as a backend engineer with Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails
- Strong experience with profiling and metrics analysis
- Strong experience with observability tools, including metrics (Prometheus is a plus), structured logging and distributed tracing
- A background in DevOps, working with Linux, GCP/AWS, Chef/Ansible, Terraform or similar products is desirable
- A background in Kubernetes and declarative APIs is desirable
- Good knowledge around SQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Have experience regularly interacting with customers, and a focus on resolving their requests with a sense of urgency
- Are able to leverage GitLab as your day to day go-to tool
- Are able to reason about large systems - how they work and can be operated on a large scale, edge cases, failure modes, behaviors
- Have experience in collaborating and communicating asynchronously
- Have an urge to document all the things so you don't need to learn the same thing twice
- Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude. When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it
- Have a strong sense for action and know how to iterate through a problem quickly
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- You've built high scale systems with Kafka, Zookeeper, or similar messaging queues
- You've built high scale APIs to orchestrate distributed systems
- You have worked on complex implementations featuring multi-threading, async IO, advanced scheduling and resource management
Repository hosting manager tool
It is GitLab's mission to make it so that everyone can contribute. When everyone can contribute, users become contributors and greatly increases the rate of innovation.
- Spending Company Money
- Equity Compensation
- Life Insurance
- Financial Wellness
- Paid Time Off
- Growth and Development Benefit
- GitLab Contribute
- Business Travel Accident Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Part-time contracts
- Meal Train
- Fertility & Family Planning
- Parental Leave
Company Core Values
- Collaboration: To achieve results, team members must work together effectively.
- Results: We do what we promised to each other, customers, users, and investors.
- Efficiency: Working efficiently on the right things enables us to make fast progress, which makes our work more fulfilling.
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging.
- Iteration: We do the smallest thing possible and get it out as quickly as possible.
- Transparency: Be open about as many things as possible.