Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 2/2/2022
New York, NY, USA
- 4+ years experience in the data warehouse space
- 4+ years experience working with large scale ETL systems (implementation, strategy, and maintenance)
- 4+ years of experience building clean, maintainable, object-oriented code in a production environment
- Expert in python who is comfortable working in a production environment
- Strong SQL and/or experience as a database admin
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the company
- Experience working with terraform, airflow, or similar data processing tools
- Build and scale data orchestration services that support complex analysis across Reddit
- Write production level code that processes billions of events per day using core python & SQL
- Design and implement tooling for access management, monitoring, data controls, and self-service ETL creation
- Own data quality for crucial systems at Reddit, and serve as a primary resource for data expertise
- Define and manage SLAs for datasets that support production services, including an on-call rotation for Data Warehouse tools
- Mentor other engineers on how to design, build, and evangelize services used by hundreds of engineers across Reddit
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.