Powertrain Controls Engineer
Posted on 4/3/2023
Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar
- 5-7 years relevant engineering experience in automotive / passenger car / commercial vehicle / aerospace / defense industry, especially in electrical systems engineering or engine control. Experience in embedded controls, controls integration, or relevant hardware areas is preferred
- Familiarity with engines, and engine controls
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams
- Fluency in C language ((C, C# or C++). Familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment
- Experience with CANape or similar CAN interface tool
- Experience in the design and implementation of automotive control electronics
- Strong fundamentals in control systems theory, linear systems analysis, stability, and controller design
- Strong understanding, and intuition for the physics of basic electric propulsion, motion control systems, and heat transfer
- Excellent proficiency with creating controls-oriented dynamic system models of thermal, hydraulic, or mechanical systems in MATLAB/Simulink/Python etc
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Develop and design control systems for Anduril's wide range of airbreathing engines, including piston and turbine applications
- Experience with controls system development, modeling, and implementation in an embedded environment
- Develop microcontroller software using an RTOS
- Develop firmware build, release, and update infrastructure
- Develop reusable device drivers and communications protocol libraries
- Assist with part selection, board design, and product design efforts
- Create SITL/HITL test fixtures
- Support engine test and integration
- Work on the coolest engines in the aviation business
- Prior experience developing embedded systems for automotive powertrain controls is a plus
- Experience with ST Micro, NXP, or Atmel microprocessors. USB, MIPI CSI2, SPI, I2C, CAN, CANFD, ARINC-825, ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553, UART/RS232/RS422/RS485 communications experience is a plus
Technology products for defense & national security
Anduril's mission is to transform US & allied military capabilities with advanced technology.
- Full Family Health Coverage
- 16 Weeks Paid Leave for All Caregivers
- Family Planning & Support
- Incentivized Time Off
- Mental Health Resources
- Financial Planning
- Unlimited Provisions
- Professional Development
Company Core Values
- Impact - Everyone at Anduril has the ability to be a catalyst. You will be encouraged to make your mark from day 1 and be supported every day after.
- Autonomy - Self-motivation is a key component to success. We encourage you to cultivate your ideas, and show, don’t tell. We’re ready whenever you are.
- Speed - We move incredibly fast and welcome people who embrace the quick-paced nature of our work. It is not uncommon for an idea on a Monday to be a prototype by Friday. We ship in weeks, not years.
- Culture - Our team is a collective of intelligent and curious individuals who share the common goal of creating a safer tomorrow - and living balanced, fulfilled lives while doing so.