Dexterous Manipulation, Intuitive Physics
Posted on 11/3/2022
Cambridge, MA, USA
- We're particularly interested in representation learning that combines non-visual modalities including tactile sensors and camera images
- Hands-on experience with RL, offline RL or behavior cloning for manipulation in simulation. Hardware experience not required, but strongly preferred
- Experience with machine learning and familiarity with a major deep-learning framework
- Familiarity with computer vision, particularly visual scene/object embeddings
- Strong software development skills in Python (C++ is also useful)
- A passion for robotics and doing research grounded in important fundamental problems
R&D arm of Toyota
Toyota Research Institute's mission is to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. They're dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life.
- Highly competitive benefits package
- Robust programs to support the wellbeing, happiness, and health of our people and their families.
- 401(k) plan including matching and annual profit sharing along with total vacation and holidays totaling 38 days per year.
- Subsidized commuter benefits and generous employee and vehicle allowances
- 2 paid days per year to participate in volunteer activities.
- Maternity Leave program with 10 paid weeks plus baby bonding leave and Milk Stork for traveling moms
- Baby Bonding Leave–an additional 16 paid weeks–to all new parents, including those who choose to adopt.
- Back-up child and adult / elder care programs to help everyone thrive
- WellBeats Virtual Fitness Trainer.
Company Core Values
- Be Yourself - We bring our full selves to work every day. Our diverse views, history, personality, character, and experiences are invaluable to TRI and Toyota.
- Respect One Another - We celebrate everyone’s differences, opinions, and perspective. We practice mutual respect and act with integrity.
- Assume Best Intentions - People are good. We trust and give them the benefit of the doubt. We assume they act the way they do because they believe it’s best for TRI.
- Think Globally - We don’t work or think in silos. Our work impacts people within TRI, Toyota, and our communities around the world. We always make it about collaboration.
- Make it Happen - We are proactive, not reactive. We push boundaries because we’re not afraid to fail. We succeed together.
- Embrace Diversity - We believe diversity makes us stronger, including diversity of ethnicity, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education, personality, skills, experiences, and knowledge.
- Always Learn - We believe in constant improvement and advancement of ideas and beliefs. We embrace Hansei and Kaizen. We are on a journey to explore, experiment, and learn together.