C Software Developer
Posted on 11/2/2022
Oceanside, CA, USA • Remote
Development Operations (DevOps)
- BS Degree and 5+ years of overall programming experience
- Must have a strong programming background with at least 3 years of production product development experience in C#. Proficient in C++, templates and STL
- Must have strong object oriented design skills (OOD)
- Must be open to using Agile methodologies and practices
- Must be able to create design documentation, requirements specifications, and other technical documentation
- Must have strong troubleshooting/bug fixing skills
- You must be able to work and communicate proactively and effectively in a small cross-functional development team environment
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to develop and maintain cargo inspection detection systems for the Ports and Borders group at Leidos
- Your role will be to modernize a product and port the legacy C++ code to C#
- You will develop software following the company's Agile processes and coding standards for new and existing products
- Interact with Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Scientists to develop code that is consistent with customer requirements
- Utilize object oriented design principals, practices, and patterns to ensure our code base is reusable and maintainable
- Use TDD to ensure the code base is tested and to enable refactoring in the future
- Be proactive in leading group design discussions and/or grabbing another developer to pair program on non-trivial features/code
- Report project status and issues to management as required. Evaluate customer problems, troubleshoot and assist Field Service Engineers, and help customers through problem resolution utilizing effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Agile SW practices, particularly TDD
- Familiarity with OO design patterns, design of loosely coupled extensible architectures
- Experience identifying code smells and utilizing refactoring techniques to reduce entropy in the code base
- Experience with a documented form of design such as UML
- Experience with revision control (e.g. Git) and Agile software process experience (e.g. SCRUM), Multi-threading, TCP/IP networking, bus architectures, Web Services, Visual Studio, 'C++', and SQL Server, interfacing with real-time/embedded systems, image processing, TFS and Azure DevOps
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.