Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • United States
- Undergraduate senior or graduate level student currently enrolled in a tax or accounting program
- Ability to work remotely 10-15 hours per week during the Fall school semester, with the opportunity to extend through the Spring/Summer semester
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Assist the tax team with the preparation of tax work papers and notices
- Assist with other tax filings: Annual reports, Property Tax, Sales and Use Tax
- Assist in financial planning and analysis efforts
- Assist with research of issues and changes in tax law
- Gain an understanding of FiscalNote policies, procedures, and professional standards
- Prepare and analyze information using Excel
- Other tax projects as they arise
Policy and Market Intelligence
FiscalNote's mission is to empower people and organizations with the right information at the right time so that they can better navigate risk, opportunity and uncertainty. The company is building a data and insights platform.
- Health - The health of you and your family is important to us — so much so that we subsidize a large portion of healthcare premiums for not only you, but also your dependents. Our FSA allows you to shuttle tax-free dollars for out-of-pocket health care costs. An onsite gym greases the wheels for your workout needs.
- Paid Time Off - We recognize refreshed employees are productive employees. We do not put a number on the amount of days an employee can take off which allows them to take time away from work to recharge as they need it.
- Commuting - Travel to work can be expensive, so on top of contributing toward your commuting expenses – including garage parking and public transit – we offer a corporate bikeshare membership at a steep discount. We also allow employees with pricier commutes to dedicate pretax dollars toward their travel.
- Retirement - Your long term well-being is directly tied to your ability to save for the future. By offering a match on contributions you make to a company-sponsored 401(k), we make it hard not to think about the later years.
- Parental Leave - Building your family is just as important as building our business. We’re happy to empower our employees to spend time with their new little ones by providing 18 weeks of paid maternity and paternity leave after a year of service to the company.
- Know your audience
- Find the truth
- Drive alignment
- Own the job
- Bias for action
- Level up
- Support the family