Posted on 3/10/2023
Canada • Remote in USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- A thirst for knowledge, a desire to embrace ambiguity and solve complex problems in an autonomous fashion
- Outstanding communication skills, the ability to describe complex problems to all skill levels of all disciplines
- The desire to build an exceptional business that transforms the healthcare industry and provides massive value to our customers
- The ambition to thrive in the fast-paced environment of an entrepreneurial, rapidly growing company, and desire to embrace the responsibilities and ambiguity that comes with it
- Experience writing scalable, secure, and well documented code, ideally with Python
- Knowledge of cloud services (with a focus on AWS), containerization, and Kubernetes (ideally EKS)
- 5+ years of relevant DevOps, Infrastructure, SRE, or Platform engineering experience
- Automate the provisioning of infrastructure in multiple rapidly evolving environments in accordance with proven DevOps best practices and philosophy
- Build tools, processes, scripts, and workflows that accelerate the velocity at which engineers can deploy high quality, secure products
- Mentor other members of the DevOps team as well as the other engineering teams on building, testing, deploying, verifying, upgrading, and securing our software in a fast paced environment
- Represent the DevOps team to all levels in the organization
- Be a force multiplier for the engineering teams, enabling them to focus on delivering business value as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Deep experience in one or more of the following areas: Infosec, GovCloud, compliance (specifically SOC2+HITRUST and FedRAMP), Terraform, release engineering, test automation, cloud based system design, operating systems, debugging, scalability
Healthcare data platform
Datavant's mission is to connect the world’s health data to improve patient outcomes.
- Competitive Salaries & Rewards
- Generous Parental & Family Leave
- Ability to work anywhere in the US and Canada
- Meaningful equity
- Competitive Benefits – Full Family Coverage
- WFH Stipend & Monthly Credit
- Commitment to Learning & Development
- Unlimited PTO
Company Core Values
- More Responsibility, Fewer Rules - We have a culture of trust. Every Datavanter has a real project from their first week. Engineers begin checking in code almost immediately.
- We Grow Leaders - We promote from within to preserve culture and provide unrivaled growth opportunities for our team members.
- Perfect Is Good, Done Is Better - We move quickly, with a bias towards action.
- Time Is Our Most Valuable Asset - We prioritize automation and proactively eliminate bottlenecks. And aim to be punctual.
- Playing To Strengths - As an organization, we only build products and compete in markets where we decisively can win. As team members, we focus on our individual super-powers instead of correcting for weaknesses.
- Feedback Is A Gift - We proactively provide feedback to our peers and managers in the same warm, open-minded spirit of giving or receiving a gift to a friend. As an organization, we are transparent about both the problems and successes facing the company.
- We Work Hard - We believe that success requires long hours and is driven more by perspiration than inspiration. We don’t rest on past successes, individually or as a company.
- Always Pass The “Loved One Test” - You should be proud of the work you do with us, and we won’t make decisions that compromise that.