Vehicle Operations Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- 5+ years of Operations Management experience, including experience managing direct reports and location level P&Ls; Previous experience with EV, Auto Ecommerce, Supply Chain, or Process Improvement preferred
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Extensive Practice with lean principles (visual management, Kaizen, Kanban, Gemba) preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle (or state that you are commuting daily to/from) and possess an exceptional driving record
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years; No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years; No driving related suspensions or revocation of Driver License within a 3-5 year period. Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support customers on nights, weekends and/or holidays; Ability and willingness to travel based on business needs to support other market launches and operations
- Willingness to work in various working conditions including being in an active service center or unpredictable weather conditions
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting up to 2 or more hours at a time, standing for up to 8 or more hours a day, walking, bending, kneeling, laying, twisting, carrying, reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs)
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Strong understanding of written and spoken English
- Ability to see, read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions or schematics
- Lead a team of multiple associates, leads, and assistant managers with the ability to step in and complete all tasks associated with Vehicle Operations specialists, including all front-line assigned tasks, as business needs dictate
- Effectively plans by using reporting and forecasting to set and adjust team schedules and pivot resources as needed to meet customer demand
- Provides training and development to associates; Develops and promotes talent through effective and timely feedback and consistent performance reviews
- Responsible for local KPI metrics for their location. Aligns daily work with KPI metrics, effectively prioritizes and stays focused on results. Analyzes data and reports to make sound decisions
- Is responsible for outlining countermeasures for problems and edge cases. Providing applicable data to support resource request and collaborating with Regional Manager to approve applicable countermeasures
- Accountable for applying Vehicle Operations' standard operating procedures to their location with tailored adjustments based on location specific scope and criteria
- Organizes work of others and collaborates with other teams to create standard operating procedures and workflow documentation to support organizational goals
- Works with senior leadership on creation of new processes and documentation as targets and volume scale with growth of the business
- Primarily responsible for onsite problem-solving including surfacing problems, gap analysis, delegation, project management, and communicating outcomes with quantifiable metrics
- Responsible for compliance and adherence to Rivian, State and Federal requirements from HR, EH&S, and DMV
- Can complete all tasks and skilled work that Vehicle Operations manages. Doesn't hesitate to jump in and be “hands on” to get work complete and meet targets
- Enforces high standards in process execution through daily lot walks, observations, and feedback
- Manages printing and storage of DMV documentation in support of Title & Registration and Mobile Operations teams
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team