Able is a product strategy and development studio. Our Vision is to build products that create a more inclusive and prosperous future for our people and partners (clients). Our teams consist of exceptional Product Designers, Software Engineers, Product Strategists, and Program Managers.
Able is seeking an Entrepreneur in Residence (Principal Product Strategist) to join our distributed team. This role will collaborate closely with our private equity partners to lead digital transformation efforts with their portfolio companies and will report directly to the Managing Director of Product Strategy.
Over the past several years, Able has grown immeasurably. Our revenue and team have grown +30% y/y. We’ve also grown in the type of company that we are:
Chapter 1: We were founded in 2013 as a product and engineering hub for a portfolio of early stage start-ups. We grew up as an in-house/external hybrid shared services model. That allowed us to hone our skills and establish our operational and cultural foundation.
Chapter 2. In 2019 we began to expand our vision. We began to grow outside of our inset partner base. We had good initial success meeting new partners, kicking off new relationships, and delivering high value work.
Chapter 3. We are now beginning a new chapter, an expansion of the ambition of Chapter 2. Our strategy for growth centers around two audiences:
- Private Equity. PE firms are looking for trusted solutions that can catalyze growth for their portfolio companies at scale. The leaders of those companies are looking to leverage technology to unlock growth from their organizations.
- Venture Capital. VC firms are looking for trusted product and technology solutions to distribute seamlessly across their portfolios at scale. The founders at their portfolio companies are looking for capabilities that can accelerate their businesses’ go-to-market time, while minimizing cost and risk.
We are looking for a leader who can inspire both of these segments with strategic thinking to deliver business outcomes. Unique value for our partners to drive sustainable growth for Able.
Shape a vision for each engagement.
You will serve as the primary consultant for portfolio companies seeking to modernize their digital operations. You will work closely with each company to develop a deep understanding of their business objectives and current digital capabilities. Using that knowledge, you will craft a unique and compelling vision for how Able can help them achieve their goals through digital transformation.
Deliver the vision.
You will be responsible for delivering transformative outcomes for our partners. You will do this by aligning cross-functional teams of internal and external team members around a shared vision, holding them accountable to timelines and outcomes, and always ensuring that we’re focused on the right priorities. Defining, maintaining, and communicating the balance between vision and execution is central to the success of this role.
Help Able grow and expand in our market.
This role is for one specific partner to start. Over time we will apply this model in more instances. Your job is to create a repeatable program of success, so that we can articulate the value of the model and apply to future partnerships.
Our partners—and future partners—need broad strategic expertise that bridges business and product needs. How to design a product suite that delivers business results. How to use available capital to maximize returns. How to build products that users will love. Effective thinking on questions like these will attract and retain partners as we deliver indispensable value.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of consulting experience (ecommerce experience is a must, SaaS experience is a plus)
- Demonstrated experience leading product discovery engagements
- Track record of delivering product and business results
- Innate ability to inspire partners to think differently about their business
- Ability and conviction to define a path forward amidst shifting priorities
- Comfort navigating both high-level strategy with executive stakeholders and hands-on implementation with project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
- Executive immersion. Working as a peer to partner executives to craft the vision for their replatforming initiatives.
- Program ownership. Leading a cross-functional Able team to create value for our partners: strategy, execution, and every step in between.
- Data mobilization. Defining the systems to generate and implement data-driven insights.
- Problem solving. Each step in planning and executing a project requires always-on problem-solving. Outstanding Product leaders are creative thinkers with excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Leadership voice. You are a singular business owner, within Able and within the partner company. You are comfortable in visible leadership positions, communicating clearly and consistently, and thinking spontaneously around complex challenges.
This position is 100% remote within the United States.
Minimal travel may be required within the United States.
The salary range for this position is $190,000 to $220,000 USD.
Salary offered will take into consideration the actual salary ranges for current employees, the candidate’s depth of experience and qualifications, the level of specialization the role requires, budgetary considerations, the market demand for the role and the local market conditions that exist where the employee will be based.
- Put People First: We’re caring, open, and encouraging. We respect the richness that we each bring into our work.
- Imagine Better: We are optimistic in our outlook, as well as creative and proactive to deliver the highest quality.
- Expect Excellence: We commit to each other to always strive to be our best.
- Simplify to Solve: We create better outcomes by reducing complexity.
- We are all Builders: We are motivated and empowered to help build Able, and our partner’s businesses.
- One Able. Many Voices: Our unity is our strength. Our diversity is our energy.
Able was founded in 2013 on the premise that entrepreneurs and philanthropists needed a better service model for building technology.
Today we’re 80+ exceptionally talented builders throughout North and Latin America. We’ve developed our own products, and we’ve launched, innovated and scaled projects for our partners.
We believe talent and teams come first. Our environment allows us to work on diverse, high-impact products and technology in a truly people-oriented culture. We value outcomes over effort, and strive to get better every day.
Our unique model allows us to field a focused, dedicated team of designers, engineers, and all-around company builders. Each team is outcome-oriented, designed to seamlessly integrate with our partners, and ready to adapt as their business evolves.
Let’s build together.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.