Senior Product Manager
Updated on 1/24/2023
- 5+ years experience in a technical product management position or comparable role
- Proven ability to understand complex business problems and break them down into simple solutions that focus on customer needs
- A track record of working collaboratively and effectively with engineering, design, and other non-technical partner teams to lead delivery of technical solutions
- Strong ability to handle ambiguity and craft incremental, decoupled solutions
- Clear, concise communication and presentation abilities
- Commitment to Guild's mission to unlock opportunity for America's workforce through education
- Basic SQL proficiency
- Own the roadmap and delivery against key components involved in our user and member profile service, surfacing this data for internal teams and reporting needs
- Partner with external clients and internal delivery teams to configure authentication for partnerships
- Understand, document, and support the flow of internal and external data through our systems and how that data affects and informs business and technical processes
- Translate the needs of internal and external partners into technical product requirements, including authoring, refining, and prioritizing user stories and journey mapping
- Work directly with engineering, go-to-market, analytics, and leadership to deliver effective products to market and to solve tough, technical challenges
- Use data, user research, and market knowledge to craft a vision for your product area and identify areas of opportunity, building a case for new product improvements or investments
- Represent your product both internally to the business and externally to our customers throughout the software development lifecycle
- Strong partner communication skills, including working with External Clients, Account Management or Partnerships to conduct systematic discovery on partner needs
- A track record of working with external partners and customers, including collecting direct product feedback and conducting usability testing
- Engineering or data product background
- Prior experience working on platform products
- Familiarity working with and developing data models
- Experience working on scalable, flexible data import workflows and using that data to build new feature functionality
Education and upskilling platform
Guild is on a mission to unlock opportunity for America's workforce through education.
- Be an owner - Every employee is granted equity in Guild with a 4-year vesting schedule as well as a 401(k).
- Prioritize your time - We offer generous parental leave, PTO, and onsite daycare for Denver-based employees
- Have a learner's mindset - Guild offers student loan reimbursement, 100% tuition assistance for your first bachelor’s degree, and $10K/year toward additional education.
- Take care of yourself - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans because we care about the health and well-being of all Guild employees.
Company Core Values
- Nurture a Learner’s Mindset - We are fueled by curiosity, consciously seeking to make ourselves, each other, and the work continuously better.
- Create Belonging - We believe that belonging is essential to business. We are cultivating a community rooted in diversity and respect with heart and commitment, that’s in service of both our culture and all of our stakeholders.
- Build Shared Success - At Guild, success is not a zero sum game. We strive for the win-wins in both our work and in our impact, knowing we deliver the best outcome when we collaborate together and assume positive intent from all.
- Be an Owner - We each own a piece of Guild – as owners, we take responsibility today and always for our voices, actions and long term impact.