Posted on 3/29/2023
Mountain View, CA, USA
- Strong hands-on background. Substantial and diverse experience in the automotive, aerospace or related industry. Familiarity with maintenance of safety-critical hardware systems. Certifications in automotive, industrial, or aerospace service preferred (ASE, A&P, etc)
- Strong electrical diagnostics experience. You know how to chase down any electrical gremlins and correct them
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems, wiring, and all necessary equipmentAble to read schematics, electrical diagrams, harness diagrams, etc
- Reliability and consistency. You have a track record of meticulous work. You are comfortable developing and practicing methodical service through the use of checklists, protocols, and work documentation
- Clear communication. You are comfortable providing feedback to engineers, and sharing insights with the team at large to improve products and processes. You know how to collaborate, and when to get secondary inspection and review for safety-critical decisions
- Innovative mindset. You like to find ways to improve the system you are working on. You can solve problems and complete tasks even when the path to the solution is not clear at the outset
- Be responsible for modifications and maintenance to autonomous vehicle platforms
- Inspect and certify operational state of vehicles
- Build and install cutting edge autonomy hardware such as sensors, actuators, and computational equipment
- Work closely with design and validation engineers to aid in the development of hardware systems
- Create and maintain both vehicle build and maintenance documentation to shape fleet growth to scale
- Maintain vehicles to meet DOT standards and operate safely and reliably during AV use
Long-haul trucking technology company
Kodiak's mission is to carry freight forward—so people, partners, and the planet thrive. The company has the trucking industry's most advanced technology stack purpose-built for long-haul trucks, leveraging a unique sensor fusion system and lightweight mapping solution that handles all aspects of highway driving, delivering freight safely, efficiently, and on time.
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Generous PTO policy
- Life insurance
- Medical, dental, vision, & FSA plans
- Family-friendly company events
- Dog-friendly office
- Employee-driven fitness classes
- Free EV charging
- Trivia & board game nights
Company Core Values
- Safety, first and always
- Intellectual honesty, principled debate.
- Disciplined innovation
- Better together. For a better future.
- Exceed expectations. Earn respect. Repeat.