Compliance Technology and Data Manager
Posted on 6/10/2022
Charlotte, NC, USA
- 7+ years of data management and analytics experience in either banking, consulting, or cryptocurrency. Experience at RegTech or FinTech companies preferred
- Familiarity with programming for data analysis; ideally Python, SQL, or R
- Experience working hands-on with other cross-functional team leaders, such as lawyers, engineers, product managers, data scientists and operations teams in improving compliance processes and systems
- Proven experience preparing model documentation to support compliance
- Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands
- Experience with the application of external AML and sanctions software, including LexisNexis Bridger. Experience with on-chain transaction monitoring solutions preferred
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite
- BS/BA in Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Collaborating with Compliance Policy, Operations and other cross-functional teams to implement strategy to develop the data and analytics roadmap to facilitate program execution
- Collaborating with the Compliance Program team and Product & Risk Analytics team to facilitate the technology controls design conversations for AML, Sanctions and KYC controls
- Assisting in developing a robust analytical function for risk detection, profiling, and mitigation. This includes leveraging advanced analytical techniques (such as statistical modeling and data mining) and technology to improve risk detection and operational efficiency
- Leading analytics related to the BSA/AML compliance controls for regulatory examinations, tuning and optimization of controls
- Developing documentation related to production and pre-production tuning efforts and parameter changes for AML transaction monitoring and OFAC/sanctions screening systems to ensure a comprehensive audit trail is maintained
- Evaluating monitoring and screening solutions and correcting errors to maintain systems following implementation
- Developing system performance metrics and implement a Testing and QA process to ensure consistent and accurate data is produced at all times
- Performing analysis of structured and unstructured data to solve complex business and department problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and analysis
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.