Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Raleigh, NC, USA
- BS in Computer Science or IT related field
- 4+ years of IT experience
- 3+ years PostgreSQL Database Administrator (working with PostgreSQL v11.0 and above)
- In-depth knowledge of PostgreSQL Architecture
- Working knowledge of Patroni HA Cluster
- Working knowledge of Amazon RDS (Postgres, MySQL, and Aurora)
- Strong knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
- Strong communication and interaction skills
- Eagerness to learn
- Administration of PostgreSQL, MySQL and MongoDB databases throughout the development and production lifecycles
- Develop and maintain processes for optimizing database security and standards
- Manage backup, replication, and disaster recovery functions for the database environments
- Monitors performance issues on all production and non-production databases (as applicable) implementing performance monitoring and trending on all production and applicable non-production databases
- Assist development groups in optimizing SQL statements in applications, batch jobs, and reports and in designing and using databases and database applications and processes for maximum performance, security, reliability, and availability
- Participate in capacity planning as it relates to production databases
- Cross-training in NoSQL database administration (Cassandra and MongoDB)
- Automate repeated database tasks
- 3+ years of experience in any other database administration is a plus
Online lessons for K-12 subjects
IXL is passionate about improving learning for all. They apply technology in thoughtful and innovative ways to unlock students' innate curiosity, creativity, and desire for knowledge.
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision
- Matching 401K retirement plan
- Flexible paid time off and sick days
Company Core Values
- Passionate - We strive to create a work environment where all employees are united in our goal to delight and impress our customers, and to foster a culture that helps all IXLers thrive.
- Tenacious - We seek out learning opportunities for ourselves, understand that feedback and mistakes are part of the process rather than something to fear, and embrace a growth mindset.
- Authentic - We are authentic, kind, and honest in our interactions with our colleagues. We ask questions and listen to each other. And, we have fun and find joy in our work and collaborations.